It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:06 am

Blu-spec CD2 arrives

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am

Blu-spec CD2 arrives

Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 am

Re: Blu-spec CD2 arrives

Cool..

Have you tried one, Jesse?

What type of player do they need?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 am

No, I haven't as there's nothing in the current selection that interests me.

They play on your standard CD player. Apparently, the burning process results in 50% less distortion.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Sounds interesting. For around $25.00 I'll give one a try. I do classical.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Snoop65 wrote:Sounds interesting. For around $25.00 I'll give one a try. I do classical.

Hey Snoop- here are 2 good ones! :D (at least I think they are....) If you get one- I would like to know what you think.

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, etc. [Blu-spec CD2]

Holst: The Planets [Blu-spec CD2]
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Chauss wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:Sounds interesting. For around $25.00 I'll give one a try. I do classical.

Hey Snoop- here are 2 good ones! :D (at least I think they are....) If you get one- I would like to know what you think.

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, etc. [Blu-spec CD2]

Holst: The Planets [Blu-spec CD2]

You got it Chauss!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Ordered the Pavorotti - IN CONCERT which I wanted anyway and the James Galway which I already have to compare. They are two of my favorites.

Thanks Jessie.

I don't understand it. Help.

I have some of those Japan 24 bit CDs, but I guess not like these. The deal in the past is that due to space on a CD, not all tunes can be included.

I have SACD and DVD. On a CD, there is less space.

For example, I buy digital from HDTracks. I like them. You can't copy one to a standard CD as the file is too big.

I don't understand this, but expect it to be good as I am an optimist.
Can anyone explain how they will put a 24 bit album on a CD?
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I would assume it uses different error correction- CIRC

The smallest entity in a CD is called a channel-data frame, which consists of 33 bytes and contains six complete 16-bit stereo samples (two bytes × two channels × six samples = 24 bytes). The other nine bytes consist of eight CIRC error-correction bytes and one subcode byte, used for control and display. Each byte is translated into a 14-bit word using eight-to-fourteen modulation, which alternates with three-bit merging words. In total there are 33 × (14 + 3) = 561 bits. A 27-bit unique synchronization word is added, so that the number of bits in a frame totals 588 (which are decoded to only 192 bits music (the 24 bytes mentioned above)).
These 588-bit channel-data frames are in turn grouped into a larger structure, confusingly dubbed frame in the Red Book audio CD's timecode-based addressing system. In CD-ROM and related technology, including Digital Audio Extraction (DAE, or ripping of audio CDs), the same structure is called a sector and is addressed with simple, sequential, non-negative integer numbers. Regardless of which name is used, each of these structures contains 98 channel-data frames, totaling 98 × 24 = 2352 bytes of music. The CD is played at a speed of 75 frames (or sectors) per second, which results in 176,400 bytes per second. Divided by two channels and two bytes per sample, this results in a sample rate of 44,100 samples per second.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Return to Misc. Discussions