Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: IEC install Carver SD/A-390t inspired by MRHP

MRHP wrote:Is it here yet...Is it here yet!!!!!! :D :D :D

Got a email last night the cable ships tomorrow so I should have it next week. :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Probably better go ahead and schedule a day off from work... :lol: :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

MRHP wrote:Probably better go ahead and schedule a day off from work... :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about the whole week? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am

YEAAAA....now ya talkin =D> =D>
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 pm

I finally got to try out my new power cable on the cd player! It was worth the effort! Much more detailed sound with a quieter back ground. Clarity! After I played with the Silver High Breed on my cd player I took it off and moved it to my preamp and put my Shunyata Venom3 on the cd player. Having the Silver High Breed on my preamp sounded even better! More clarity, detail, and the soundstage got more depth. Excellent results with the Shunyata on the cd player but it is tough to just the two against each other because I swapped them between components. Overall though I'm really happy!!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:49 am

I looked at your install again...very nice! Totally looks factory. Glad to hear you got the cable here and tried out, now its time to take that week off from work... :lol: :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 am

MRHP wrote:I looked at your install again...very nice! Totally looks factory. Glad to hear you got the cable here and tried out, now its time to take that week off from work... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny you should say that I took off yesterday and I'm not going back till Tuesday. I'm going to try some Amperex PQ's and some Siemens Cca's in the cd player and i'll post my thoughts later.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:51 pm

PQ's and CCa's......now your talkin!!!
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

If the end result of a system (sound) is the total of all its parts then shouldn't it sound the same with the two power cables no matter where they're placed in the system? :-k I know that's not the case but it introduces a ton of multipliers and an infinite amount of variables that one could spend an entire life time and small (or large :lol: ) fortune trying and still not scratch the surface. #-o I know this is a hobby and "it only matters what it sounds like to you" but the thought of all the possible combinations just makes my head spin. =;
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

jjptkd wrote:If the end result of a system (sound) is the total of all its parts then shouldn't it sound the same with the two power cables no matter where they're placed in the system? :-k I know that's not the case but it introduces a ton of multipliers and an infinite amount of variables that one could spend an entire life time and small (or large :lol: ) fortune trying and still not scratch the surface. #-o I know this is a hobby and "it only matters what it sounds like to you" but the thought of all the possible combinations just makes my head spin. =;

Good question. You would think it would sound the same but that is not always the case. In my tweaking I have noticed that connections between my amp and preamp is where I hear the biggest difference. This is also true with power cables connected to the amp and preamp. My Lightstar is very dependent on the quality of the power cords by design. I must say I have the same interconnects through out me system but I didn't hear a change between the preamp and cd player. I can understand your desire to keep it simple. All the swapping cables and tubes can get crazy, especially if you don't get the desired results! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 am

jjptkd wrote:If the end result of a system (sound) is the total of all its parts then shouldn't it sound the same with the two power cables no matter where they're placed in the system? :-k I know that's not the case but it introduces a ton of multipliers and an infinite amount of variables that one could spend an entire life time and small (or large :lol: ) fortune trying and still not scratch the surface. #-o I know this is a hobby and "it only matters what it sounds like to you" but the thought of all the possible combinations just makes my head spin. =;

Now mix in a selection of vacuum tubes and it really gets haywire...lol I have one pair of Siemens E88CC that sound terrible in the V2 and V3 position but can put one in the V1 position and it sounds incredible.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:27 pm

MRHP wrote:

Now mix in a selection of vacuum tubes and it really gets haywire...lol I have one pair of Siemens E88CC that sound terrible in the V2 and V3 position but can put one in the V1 position and it sounds incredible.

For better or worse its all fun! :D
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Snoop65 wrote:For better or worse its all fun! :D

Most of the fun is in the journey! Once ya get there......then what are ya goin to do? :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Chauss wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:For better or worse its all fun! :D

Most of the fun is in the journey! Once ya get there......then what are ya goin to do? :D

Invite you over and watch you drool? :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Misc. Discussions