FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Douglas Connection I/C Roadshow

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Douglas Connection I/C Roadshow

Glad you got them Harry. Look forward to your reviews.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

I can't wait to try them out!

I honestly have only used inexpensive cables, even with quality compnents.
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:32 pm

HERE GOES! I had to figure a way to make a fair and logical comparison of Dougs cables. I started by listening to 4 different disks which I was quite familar with using my cables. I then narrowed it down to one song from those 4 disks which I listened to 4 consecutive times before switching to Dougs cables. All I can say is I am no longer a skeptic. It was as if someone peeled away a film that was over the music.Vocals became very clear and seemed to be more present not overbearing but enhanced.The bass had a positive reinforcement that really solidified it again not muddy but solid. It is hard for me to put into words as I never could have imagined that cables could make such a difference. I now cant live without them. Doug is a great guy to deal with we talked on the phone last night for quite some time.He was gracious enough to give me pointers on how to assemble my cables and my order was shipped out today. System used in comparison was Sony CD Player Carver CT-7 Pre set to a flat tonal setting on all three ranges. My Carverfest tube monoblocks and a pair of Polk Monitor 7's up on my 30 inch stands. Song of choice Rod Stewart Passion. =D> =D>
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 pm

hewlew1 wrote:HERE GOES! I had to figure a way to make a fair and logical comparison of Dougs cables. I started by listening to 4 different disks which I was quite familar with using my cables. I then narrowed it down to one song from those 4 disks which I listened to 4 consecutive times before switching to Dougs cables. All I can say is I am no longer a skeptic. It was as if someone peeled away a film that was over the music.Vocals became very clear and seemed to be more present not overbearing but enhanced.The bass had a positive reinforcement that really solidified it again not muddy but solid. It is hard for me to put into words as I never could have imagined that cables could make such a difference. I now cant live without them. Doug is a great guy to deal with we talked on the phone last night for quite some time.He was gracious enough to give me pointers on how to assemble my cables and my order was shipped out today. System used in comparison was Sony CD Player Carver CT-7 Pre set to a flat tonal setting on all three ranges. My Carverfest tube monoblocks and a pair of Polk Monitor 7's up on my 30 inch stands. Song of choice Rod Stewart Passion. =D> =D>

YESSSSSSSS!!! ANOTHER CONVERT!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm

I believe in the big picture --- cables and wires are down the list.

I believe when you finally assemble a decent system, Doug is the next step.

No one with decent gear wants Radio Shack even if it is out of sight.

Some can't hear the difference in good and better wires. Mentally all can.

I have bought from Douglas Cable a few times.
After getting a few speaker cables, bought digital ones there too. If you have a decent system you have an external DAC. I can't afford the high end he sent me to try out, but on tests in my RedNeck Bar, you don't have to break the bank to get good wires. =D>

I am happy, and I have better gear than most of you. (not bragging just been at it a long time.)

The best part is that it is all just "Doug". You can call him on the phone. He is a wealth of info and will not over sell you.

He has a wide range of gear.

He is a VN vet and while that has nothing to do with the gear, has everything to with the Company and the man you are dealing with.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you for the kind words Guys :D
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 pm

hewlew1 wrote:HERE GOES! I had to figure a way to make a fair and logical comparison of Dougs cables. I started by listening to 4 different disks which I was quite familar with using my cables. I then narrowed it down to one song from those 4 disks which I listened to 4 consecutive times before switching to Dougs cables. All I can say is I am no longer a skeptic. It was as if someone peeled away a film that was over the music.Vocals became very clear and seemed to be more present not overbearing but enhanced.The bass had a positive reinforcement that really solidified it again not muddy but solid. It is hard for me to put into words as I never could have imagined that cables could make such a difference. I now cant live without them. Doug is a great guy to deal with we talked on the phone last night for quite some time.He was gracious enough to give me pointers on how to assemble my cables and my order was shipped out today. System used in comparison was Sony CD Player Carver CT-7 Pre set to a flat tonal setting on all three ranges. My Carverfest tube monoblocks and a pair of Polk Monitor 7's up on my 30 inch stands. Song of choice Rod Stewart Passion. =D> =D>

My very first thoughts when I heard his speaker cables for the first time. I've heard a lot of cables, but never had a revelation like that before.

I will double with what OO said about Doug; you' dealing with JUST "DOUG"....a GREAT human being who puts thought, time & sweat into what he makes. I can't say enough about the man OR his products~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Harry,

Thank you for your review. George (Zoot Horn) is next on the list. When you feel comfortable with your assesement of Doug's cables, would you mind getting George's address through PM and forward the I/C's to him. We will keep them moving for more evaluations.

Harry, looking forward to hearing these also after your comments. Can't wait to get my 75 back.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Cables are on thier way to George. They were mailed today
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks Harry. 8)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice review Harry. Well said and explained. Congrats on the new cables. Wow no F words either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
Don wrote:Chauss,

Hey Don,
Thanks for doing this. Please let me know when your 75 is expected back, and I'll send you another new set of IC's. That way the ones you have on the road show can stay out there longer. Also, I'd like to send a second set for the roadshow, so folks can use them between the source and pre, plus between the pre and amp. So please PM me the address to send the second set.

On the replacement for the set you are sending on the roadshow, what length do you need? If I remember correctly the ones I made for Carverfest were 5', but I will make you whatever length you need. Just let me know.

Thanks again for doing this Don :D

Best Regards,
Doug

=D> =D> =D>
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 am

hewlew1 wrote:Cables are on thier way to George. They were mailed today

Got em
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Times up George. Lets here what you thought of the cables. And they called me a slacker :rolleyes:
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Chris,

If you could PM your address to George (Zoot Horn). This way we can keep things moving along.

Thanks

PS Dang, Harry called you out George without the using the F word. :shock: =D> 8) :lol:
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
PreviousNext

Return to Misc. Discussions