First attempt at horn stands came out ok. The plan is to replace the Altec 511b's on top of the EV bass bins. Here you can see the Azura horn resting on a Klipsch Lascala and the Oris horns on a stand in front of them. I tested the Oris horns, finally, and whoa do those horns sound nice. As you can see, both mount have the horns too high to place them on the EV bass bins
So I made another set that lowers them to a good listening level
The ten pound magnet of the PM5a driver hold these horn in the perfect position, so I am done with this set up. All I need is a crossover now
Just another view
The same result for the Azura horn. The PM4a driver has a 20 lb magnet so i don't need to worry about these tipping forward. They actually rest nicely like this. The challenge will be building a stand to support the weight of the driver so it doesn't rip the ring off the back of the horn. I had to reglue these rings because I used the wrong liquid nails. This one is more of a challenge
The patch job on the bass bins came out nicely. Just need to sand an paint it
I had to laugh, this is the factory modification to the A210 cabinets. When the tech upgraded the driver from 416's to 515's they had to cut a notch in the side of the bass bins so they would fit
Here's what it looks like on the inside
First order of the day was to wash 10 years worth of dust off these and vacuum out the popcorn and candy wrappers. Then I'll sand and fix the few bad spots
I found these sliders to use on the bottom of the bass bins. They are rated up to 2500 lbs and these bass bins only weigh 350 lbs each. Note to self, they don't work worth a damn
I laid these on their sides so I can paint the tops and bottoms the correct shade of VOTT grey. Thes will need to dry and cure for a couple days, so I was glad I did these a couple days ago
I was happy to see my $10 dollar paint roller kit from Lowes still has parts of it made in the USA. Little things in life make me happy
After I washed the bass bins, I stood them up to see what they will look like when they are finished. The 803 horns will go on top. That would put them at 8 or 10 feet in the air, which will probably be too high
The other option would be to lay them on their sides, which is probably what I will do. The horns would be at the perfect level this way. What would be cool is to find another pair of A210s and stack them.
Today I want to finish getting the first coat of paint on the bass bins and see if I can remount the Azura horn driver rings.