FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:28 am

Eric Clapton in Concert Last Night

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Eric Clapton in Concert Last Night

Terri and I saw Clapton in concert last night. =D> Of the few times we have seen him, this was his best performance and also his longest. Performed 2 hours and 10 minutes, with 2 encores. Played a very good mix of classic hits with a large number of blues cuts. Some I did not recognize, but were very good nonetheless. May be off his new album, which I have not heard yet. Lots of jamming and solo's by his band members, which I believe numbered 8, plus his 2 back up female vocals. Crowd favorites were Cocaine, Layla and Sunshine of your Love. Steve Jordan was playing the drums. Freelances with a number of artists. Man, is he talented also.

Undercard was Jakob Dylan, Bob's son with the Wallflowers. Not familiar with his music other than 6 Ave. Heartache. Very good back up Band to Clapton. They played about an hour or so. Each band member also played some solo's. Very talented musicians also.

Highly recommended if Clapton comes to your area within a reasonable driving distance. Only fly in ointment for me was congestion in head. Therefore, highs were muted. :(
Attachments
Eric Clapton.jpg
Jakob Dylan.jpg
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Eric Clapton in Concert Last Night

My wife and I saw him a couple years ago. It was the first time either one of us had seen him and I don't know why I waited so long. It was a great concert. It was one of the few concerts I have attended that was entirely about the music. No stage show, no theatrics...just great music. I will definitely catch him again if he hits this area.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Clapton just makes it look so easy! Unmistakeable sound though.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Don

Sounds like you and Terri had a real good evening.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 pm

=D> =D> =D> Sounds like you two had a great time. That has to be a great time listening to Eric Clapton L I V E !!! \:D/ \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Awesome Don! Hopefully it was recorded so you and the Mrs. can re-live it in your listening room when the album comes out, better yet- the blue ray disc!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Return to Misc. Discussions