FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:48 am

Scan Speak tweeters

<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Scan Speak tweeters

Has anybody had and dealings with these. I know the 2008 series comes in the DQ20 and sound pretty good. Im thinking about putting a good set in my little DQ6 compaq speakers and using them with a Carver black magic VTA 20s some time down the road. Tell me about your tweeter knowledge...inquiring minds want to know.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Scan Speak tweeters

I have the scsnspeak revelator in my tylers--- it's one of my favorite tweets,just seems to do everything right.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:59 pm

What's up MRHP? Well, I know it may be too late but if you are still looking I can offer you my observations of the differences between the Revelator and the Millennium tweeters.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 pm

The revelator is much smoother then the millenium IMHO
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm

treitz3 wrote:What's up MRHP? Well, I know it may be too late but if you are still looking I can offer you my observations of the differences between the Revelator and the Millennium tweeters.

Tom

We have Zoot's opinion.......now what is yours?
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Hey, glad to hear from you again!

Here goes. I have owned both and with a plethora of gear in and out on both. Both seem to have their own attributes as well as deficiencies.

Revelator tweeter - Precise imaging, laser pin pinpointable if you will. Especially in a cabinet with little resonances and a good crossover. Responds well to cable and upstream upgrades. A tad bright when pushed toward the upper limits but extremely good reproduction at low to reasonable levels. It is only when pushed hard does it get a tad "sizzly" at the upper end of the volume knob. I can not say enough about the imaging, almost surreal at times. The natural roll off and reproductive efforts are simply top notch. Basically, it could be considered by some to be a world class tweeter.

Millennium tweeter - Great all around tweeter for all genres of music. Can be pushed harder than the Revelator without the bright top end at the extreme volume level. Just a tad more relaxed toward the top end of the spectrum. Comparable imaging to the Revelator but in my experience, only with upstream gear that is more toward the upper scale. The lower the gear, the worse it seems to be but with the right gear and cables, can rival (not top) the Revelator. The natural roll off and reproductive efforts are simply top notch. This tweeter seems to be a little more forgiving of recording deficiencies, can get louder without fatigue but still has all of the subtle nuances needed to be a world class tweeter and you still don't need to strain to hear them. Also responds well to cable and upstream upgrades.

IMO, both are a top performer, just depends on your preference. The aforementioned are the main differences between the two. If you have a specific area you are a little more concerned with, let me know. I will offer you what I have observed and clarify a tad bit more. Hope this helps.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to Misc. Discussions