FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:32 am

Question of the day....

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Question of the day....

jjptkd wrote:I've read all that before, it actually convinced me not to "truly" bi-amp my speakers as eliminating the passive crossovers or "balancing networks" would of been very problematic with my particular speakers.

That is the real question, if passive, 600/2 in active without hesitation 400/7 if three way and 400/5 for two way systems.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 pm

There are 2 different types of bi-amping- vertical and horitontal....unless you have a LOT of time and can design active crossovers....vertical bi-amping is VERY difficult to get just right and has to be designed for the amp / speaker combinations. Or- you could be in luck If your speakers truly are set up for bi-amping (have to use a jumper or strap from low to mid/high pos and neg)

Horizontal bi-amping is basically dual mono. Not sure if the 600 x 2 can be run as a massively powered mono-block,,,,but IF it can- holy crap! Your speakers better be able to handle in excess of 1000 peak watts! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

-----I have a pair that can and are truly bi-ampable. I seem to remember recommending to someone a similar pair for sale in their area to go and give a good listen to a while back...or- maybe not, memory seems to fade. :-" :-" :-" #-o :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm

The monox2 can be run as a monobloc in what Sunfire calls "parallel mono"....1200 watts into 8 ohms, capable of driving low ohm loads in this mode!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks Rabbit!

-Hey Wayne, there is your answer!
Go easy on the volume control till you learn what your speakers can handle, :D Dual mono produces some of the best stereo imaging I have heard. \:D/
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Like most, have more than one set up.
The one I listen to most is outside on the porch.
My main $$ are in the RedNeck Bar system with my turntable which can't come to the porch. ](*,)

I have a big sub down there which can break up the muddy breaks. It is the best I have heard, but mostly wasted in that system as Bob's SunFire amps can make the mains sing.
The reason goes to KingMan's question for us to ponder. I like KM. :rolleyes:

My mains can cover the bass well with out the sub.
I use 2 Sunfire 600X2. I am not sure of how this configuration would be named, but it produces a good sound. The speakers are 4 ohm.

One Sunfire is split doing duty to the mids and highs of each speaker.
The other is split doing base on each.

As I understand it, that is 2400 watts to the bass and 2400 watts to the rest. I think that is fair as good bass requires some air to move.

The SunFires handle this with ease.
The music is quite good.
Previous

Return to Misc. Discussions