FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Ever Heard / Owned any Dared Products?

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Ever Heard / Owned any Dared Products?

While researching "affordable" Tube pre's with a remote came across this Dared that makes some pretty bold statements. Anyone ever heard one or know someone who has one? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261293406316?ss ... 1438.l2649

A brand new Dared MC-7P preamp (US limited Edition):World best full function pure-tube-based (7 tubes) preamp (line stage + phono stage) per $ you can buy ---- repeat again: 7 tubes + 4 gold tube capsules + two separated transformers.The four 18k gold-plated solid brass tube capsules (7 oz weight each) cost more than the price I asked, since the current gold traded price reached over $1400 per oz. Buy it now before too later!Sealed in the original box. This preamp was specially made for US market, with three line-stage inputs and an MM phono input, two outputs, soft starter, etc., come with a wooden remote control.It meant to be one of the best preamps (>$2000 out there). The tube covers (shielders) are coated with 18K gold (since all signal tubes are shielded, the preamp is very quiet -- one of the quietest MM phono preamps). The PCB is planted with 18K gold too (no oxide issue here, best contact and connection). All signal wires are pure silver. The circuit design is very complex (Three tubes are used in power supply section in the circuit), Dared engineers and audiophiles worked together to collect best designs available and optimized this one with state-art technologies by computer programs. Here is, you simply cannot get better one with this price, period.It uses 7 tubes and has two huge separate (yes separate--- only Dared design this way. Simply the best) power transformers: one for high DC volt and one for low volt of tube heaters and others. The capacitors use Audiophile grade and the key resistors use NOS AB and Vishay non-inductive. The tubes come with the amp are Chinese stock Ruby tubes. This preamp will bless ones who know what is the value of this preamp offers.
Attachments
Dared Pre.jpg
Dared Pre.jpg (15.28 KiB) Viewed 244 times
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Ever Heard / Owned any Dared Products?

I have the Dared Sl 2000 pre amp-- I love mine-- had it a couple of years-- no issues-- and tweaked it with aftermarket caps-- I hate to use this term,,but it is a giant killer--especially for the price.
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm

I like mine as well george, dunno how that model would be, they sure hype it up to be something?
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:I have the Dared Sl 2000 pre amp-- I love mine-- had it a couple of years-- no issues-- and tweaked it with aftermarket caps-- I hate to use this term,,but it is a giant killer--especially for the price.

I have had the opportunity to listen to George's rig featuring the little Dared over the past several years and whole-heartedly agree with Mr.Daniel....you can do alot worse than own the Dared. It sounds great, it's inexpensive and has a remote. REALLY tough to beat!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:I have the Dared Sl 2000 pre amp-- I love mine-- had it a couple of years-- no issues-- and tweaked it with aftermarket caps-- I hate to use this term,,but it is a giant killer--especially for the price.

George is the Dared preamp what you were running at CF13? Because that system sounded very nice indeed.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:58 am

yessir it was
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:10 am

Hey George- I would love to hear that puppy in my system. If you ever have the time on a weekend it would be fun! Bunches of stuff to hook up and play with here. :lol: It's about an hour drive from your neck of the woods- grab Janice and maybe even Jerry and Nicki and head on up....that is--if you can find him around any more with his new job.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Return to Misc. Discussions