It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Emotiva and Bob Split???

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 am

Re: Emotiva and Bob Split???

angelod307 wrote:Answer coming soon.

It's been "soon" enough... time to spill the beans.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:05 am

X2 :lol:
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:58 pm

angelod307 wrote:
Answer coming soon.

well???????????????????????????????????? :-)
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:21 pm

We are turning blue over here...
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:13 pm

I heard Bob was tired of no one taking his calls or getting back to him.
There may be more too it, but that's what I've heard so far.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I heard Bob was tired of no one taking his calls or getting back to him.
There may be more too it, but that's what I've heard so far.

Did they just unwind the deal and split 100% or did Bob lose the "Bob Carver" name again?

Any plans to keep the company going either back in Snohomish or elsewhere?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:46 pm

From what I've been told so far, Bob and I are to be business partners, and we are keeping the BobCarver.com name and website. Emotive will be welling the balance of inventory they have from the deal, and then it reverts back to Bob/us building amps.

Again, who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm 3500 miles away, and am told what I need to hear.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 pm

What about the speakers?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:02 am

Thas good news man... glad to hear things are going to be made right in Snohomish with Bob on board, and done his way.
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Would really like to see Bob design a tube pre to compliment our carverfest 20 watt amp, with a remote for volume!! \:D/
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 am

F1nut wrote:
radioeng2 wrote:Emo stuff as of a couple years ago was just simply not musical. Why make sound and not music? If it can't make music that ran raise the hair on the back of your neck, why bother? So no....nothing to get excited about! Mark

Because their target customer is the first time separates buyer, folks that have never had more than an HTIB or AVR and don't want to or can't afford to buy the better stuff. They don't know what musical sounds like, so it's easy to pull the wool over their ears and make money doing it.
I

A while back Sherry's uncle said he bought his system because he liked the little blue blinking lights. He was at my place a little while after I bought my first Lightstar gear. He was shocked how good music can sound. He still has his HTIB but he's aware there is better out there when he wants to look for it.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am

sorry guys , the dust is still up. things are going back and forth so i must not speak.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 pm

frenchguy wrote:Would really like to see Bob design a tube pre to compliment our carverfest 20 watt amp, with a remote for volume!! \:D/

I hounded him for a year to build a tube phono pre or a simple tube pre as a mate to the CF amps....no luck. So I'm building my own.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
Previous

Return to Misc. Discussions