FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:31 am

Samsung/Mitsubishi DLP white dots

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Samsung/Mitsubishi DLP white dots

If anyone has a Samsung or Mitsubishi DLP and are experiencing the dreaded "white dots" which is due to a DMD chip failure, I have good news, at least with Samsung. Understand Mits is currently picking up part cost, if you are determined. After arguing with Samsung "higher ups", I was able to get my 67" Sammie DLP fixed free of charge, both P & L, even though TV is almost 3 years out of Manufacturer's Warranty. If you had this failure, which is all over the internet, don't give up when you hear the standard answer of "normal wear and tear. Move up the food chain. Typically you will reach a call center overseas. Demand to be transferred to an American operator.

If anyone is experiencing this problem, PM me and I will go into details.

I will also post in the very near future, as time permits, my experience with DTV Express, who failed to honor an extended warranty I purchased from them on this TV. Quite the story. Be forewarned. :(
Attachments
Samsung white dot issue.jpg
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Samsung/Mitsubishi DLP white dots

I had a Mitsubishi DLP TV It got struck by lightning once that cost me 500.00 to get fixed. Then it said Air flow is blocked Tv will shut down in 30 seconds. I fixed that myself that happened twice more and on the third time I threw the fuckin thing in the garbage. Now I have a flat screen Sanyo.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm

With a million plus mirrors on a chip, inevadably they die one pixel at a time.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:07 pm

With me it was the "color wheel"...when the second one failed I gave it to the Salvation Army & bought a Sharp led.

I love it !

Return to Misc. Discussions