FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 am

Holiday....Time to go car shopping

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:39 am

Holiday....Time to go car shopping

This morning I woke bright and early to get a few things done to the Durango. I'd perused the paper, craigslist and autotrader to find a couple of cars I might be interestedin. I've owned my share of American muscle cars, 'Cudas, Chargers, Challengers, Trans Ams and a couple of 'Vettes. Most of all I miss my '73 T/A and my '68 L-88 Corvette convertible. The T/A was just sweet! The L-88 was a tire melting monster. But I digress. Today I looked at a 1980 Pontiac T/A that some kind soul had swapped a Chevy 454 into. It was a bit rough and there was too much snow on the ground to crawl under it to check the frame's condition. They tend to rot out around the spring hangers. The 'Vette was in even worse shape. Someone had torn it apart. Looked like my '68 when I first got it. Lots of stress cracks. It did bring back memories.

what to do

I stopped at a little car place in Galion on my way home. I couldn't help myself. There was a yellow 1970 Plymouth Superbird sitting in the window. $80K, just a tad pricey. I found one for $1,800...when I was 16. My pops wouldn't let me buy it. He said, neither of us would get in the house when we got home if we brought that car along. 440 six-pack and a pistol-grip, just what a young boy needs. It's the only car I've wanted but never owned. A guy can dream I guess.

prolly end up with the Firebird. This will make Trans Am #10. I know a bit about them. I heard that big-block calling to me...buy me Ray.

ray
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am

Re: Holiday....Time to go car shopping

Ray,Two days ago I got a call from my daughter telling me she had a message to relay to me which came from my ex. My ex did want to tell me this as she feared I would yell and scream at her. I am quite a bit older and more calm now than I was in my youth Anyway The roof of the garage caved in at the house where I use to live and inside was my 68 mustang fastback and a 66 mustang coupe. I have not been there yet to see If I should cry or not.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:03 am

hewlew1 wrote:Ray,Two days ago I got a call from my daughter telling me she had a message to relay to me which came from my ex. My ex did want to tell me this as she feared I would yell and scream at her. I am quite a bit older and more calm now than I was in my youth Anyway The roof of the garage caved in at the house where I use to live and inside was my 68 mustang fastback and a 66 mustang coupe. I have not been there yet to see If I should cry or not.

Good, i mean great insurance?
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:11 am

Should of never sold that 73 TA Ray, I am still kicking my ass for selling my 74 TA 30 years ago!! ](*,)
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:07 am

I finally got into a "Dream" car for myself. 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8! Though it sucks right now because I have not driven it since early November. :(
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:55 am

I'm a GM guy myself, had a pretty nice Nova and a couple Camaros, but I have never owned any vintage Pontiac. My dream is a 69-72 GTO. I would really love to have one of the Judges.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 pm

trav0810 wrote:I'm a GM guy myself, had a pretty nice Nova and a couple Camaros, but I have never owned any vintage Pontiac. My dream is a 69-72 GTO. I would really love to have one of the Judges.

Kingman will be along in a bit to comment. He has a Judge. Pics I've seen have it looking great. Killer ride.
I saw TomHs ride on a trip to VHoP. He wasn't feeling well and had to leave early. Hell of a car though. VERY trick!

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
trav0810 wrote:I'm a GM guy myself, had a pretty nice Nova and a couple Camaros, but I have never owned any vintage Pontiac. My dream is a 69-72 GTO. I would really love to have one of the Judges.

Kingman will be along in a bit to comment. He has a Judge. Pics I've seen have it looking great. Killer ride.

ray

No shit??? I always liked Wayne...Now I know why!!! =D>
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm

trav0810 wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:

ray

No shit??? I always liked Wayne...Now I know why!!! =D>

We were talking on the phone a couple of days ago and IIRC he has a couple of Trans Ams too. Got to admire that!

ray
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:42 pm

[ray[/quote]

No shit??? I always liked Wayne...Now I know why!!! =D>[/quote]

We were talking on the phone a couple of days ago and IIRC he has a couple of Trans Ams too. Got to admire that!

ray[/quote]

Is Wayne hiring?
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

My dream ride is my 1971 240Z which I've owned since new.

It got a little run down so I spent almost 3 times what it cost new to restore it.

Looks good though !

It still has a Datsun engine but I'm toying with the idea of a LS-1.

On the "hybridz" site guys have done it and the result is 1/4 mile times in the 10's.

I'm just dreaming though.
Attachments
STA60016.JPG
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Looking for a part time job George ?
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:43 pm

How come you dont have any snow on your car Frankied ? Must have just takin it to the car wash eh.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:00 pm

frankieD wrote:My dream ride is my 1971 240Z which I've owned since new.

It got a little run down so I spent almost 3 times what it cost new to restore it.

Looks good though !

It still has a Datsun engine but I'm toying with the idea of a LS-1.

On the "hybridz" site guys have done it and the result is 1/4 mile times in the 10's.

I'm just dreaming though.

That is one beautiful ride Frankie

ray
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 pm

very nice Frankie!! looks great, must be a nice ride cruising in southern Cal !!!! jealous!! :-" =D> :D
Next

Return to Misc. Discussions