FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Spring's Coming! Time for the Next B.A.S.S. Meetup! (Connect

<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:09 am

Spring's Coming! Time for the Next B.A.S.S. Meetup! (Connect

It's coming up on that time again. What time, you ask? Time for the Third Annual Basspig Audiophile Society Social!

The way events are going, I'm likely to settle on April 5, a Saturday, for the meet. Our usual starting time of 2PM is planned.

Dinner and a buffet will be served upstairs, as usual.

The main attraction this year (assuming I can complete it in time!) will be my OTL vacuum tube amplifier. This dual mono amplifier, with separate power supply chassis, is being designed to a conservative 125 WPC rating and uses a dozen large beam tetrodes. The power supply is 1000VA for the high voltage and 40 amperes for the filaments. A veritable contender and should be interesting when the unveiling occurs.

As usual, there will be demonstrations of the world-famous Bass Pig sound system, and probably a shop discussion with demonstration at the shop of Amplifier Experts.

R.S.V.P. to basspig (the "at" symbol) basspig ( dot ) com for address/directions, etc.

The past two years have been great as far as turnout, with attendees from as far as 5 hours driving distance.

I hope to see some of you at this year's meet!
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 am

Re: Spring's Coming! Time for the Next B.A.S.S. Meetup! (Con

Seriously
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am

angelod307 wrote:Seriously

LOL.

Angelo, be my date?
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 am

I sent a ebay message, but to no avail. Heak of a drive......
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 pm

angelod307 wrote:I sent a ebay message, but to no avail. Heak of a drive......

I bet you it would be worth it!
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:16 pm

I am fascinated by his rig without a doubt. It seems to be on my scale . So over the top that admission should be required.
<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:02 am

I have a lot of work to do in preparing the OTL amplifier to be ready on time. Some of the voltage issues of having a not quite made to order power transformer for the high voltage. The shop has been busy, and I'm doing a lot of eBay auctions this month, on top of figuring income taxes, so it's going to be a close finish, probably with me working on the amp right up to the night before the big show!
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 am

Drop the B.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:31 am

F1nut wrote:Drop the B.

Yeah, thats right.
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:07 pm

angelod307 wrote:

Yeah, thats right.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:36 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 pm

WTF, I thought you were in vowel sales..

bwaahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 pm

basspig wrote:I have a lot of work to do in preparing the OTL amplifier to be ready on time. Some of the voltage issues of having a not quite made to order power transformer for the high voltage. The shop has been busy, and I'm doing a lot of eBay auctions this month, on top of figuring income taxes, so it's going to be a close finish, probably with me working on the amp right up to the night before the big show!

So you're going to unveil your amp without listening to it first? Just askin'?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
basspig wrote:I have a lot of work to do in preparing the OTL amplifier to be ready on time. Some of the voltage issues of having a not quite made to order power transformer for the high voltage. The shop has been busy, and I'm doing a lot of eBay auctions this month, on top of figuring income taxes, so it's going to be a close finish, probably with me working on the amp right up to the night before the big show!

So you're going to unveil your amp without listening to it first? Just askin'?

ray

All you need is measurements, don't you know anything Ray? :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
Next

Return to Misc. Discussions