FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Spring's Coming! Time for the Next B.A.S.S. Meetup! (Connect

<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: Spring's Coming! Time for the Next B.A.S.S. Meetup! (Con

Posting measurements without listening impressions is telling only half the story, some would almost consider it lying.
I used to pay a lot of attention to measurements/ specs. From watts, frequency response, slew rate,damping factor,the, etc. Then I learned what really mattered was how a amp sounds. Quality of watts. I've heard a 18 watt Lamm that would out class a lot of 200 watt "perfect spec" amps. In the end you always have to listen.
Last edited by Snoop65 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:29 pm

I think Mr Weiss unfriended me just now on Facebook. One minute he was on my friends list and the next he was gone. Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight now. Woe is me, Woe is me.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Who's Rich? I wanna know! I thought he was on the other forum?
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:40 pm

hewlew1 wrote:I think Mr Weiss unfriended me just now on Facebook. One minute he was on my friends list and the next he was gone. Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight now. Woe is me, Woe is me.

Need a hug Harry? :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Rich who Markie?
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks for offering Snoop ,But I am sure I will get past this terrible let down.....................................................Its over. :D
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Rich who Markie?

BPig said something about Rich. Just wondered what was going on. Is there a masked man involved in this scandal?

In my expert opinion 8-[ ...somebody has a bruised ego. :-({|= Maybe when nothing works....hell, write a book and proclaim your expert status louder!! :shock:
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Thanks for offering Snoop ,But I am sure I will get past this terrible let down.....................................................Its over. :D

Would you like a roast pork sandwich? :lol:
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:56 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Mark Weiss

2 hrs · .
So for my efforts at preparing for the next B.A.S.S. meetup, I get a shitstorm of flack from Carver forum users. Apparently, the fact that my testing revealed that a certain Carver vacuum tube amplifier didn't come close to its advertised specs has upset the audiophools who don't want the fact that the emperor is naked to be revealed.
With that sort of attitude, why should I even bother to host these meetups? They place a significant burden on me and a good deal of unnecessary stress, which I can do without at my advancing age. Just look at the disgusting responses. Is this how people show appreciation?
carveraudio.com

He never did figure out what was wrong with the amp, just like I predicted. Great diagnostic skills.
;
ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 pm

basspig wrote:Well guys, I've been busting my hump, repairing amplifiers for customers, doing income taxes and trying to finish up this OTL design before April. I've come to check in and give y'all an update, but what do I find? Hostile sarcasm and a false claim about "bashing" a Carver amplifier. Since when does making and publishing objective measurements amount to 'bashing'? I do realize there is a percentage of 'audiophools' who don't want it revealed that the emperor is naked, but cognitive dissonance reigns supreme in our culture today, so I'm not going to waste my time arguing over nonsense. I do the measurements. You decide if the specs are 'good enough' for you.

It takes quite a bit of planning and preparation to put together these meetups. At my advanced age, I could do without the additional unnecessary stress. If no one appreciates the efforts, then I shouldn't waste my time.

Mark, you have to be one if not the biggest asses i have ever seen here. I have tried to ask you to make sense of some of the crap you posted on facebook only to be un friended. You have the skin of a snail when it comes to any kind of desend on your beliefs. Now on that crap about measurements and the emperor being naked, yeah, the naked truth is that you can dish it out, but fuck off when it comes time to take any criticism.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Angelo, Angelo, Angelo, Why do you still try to reason with this guy ? Just call him the asshole loser that he is and be done with it. Never mind I did it for you ! =D>
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 am

hewlew1 wrote:Angelo, Angelo, Angelo, Why do you still try to reason with this guy ? Just call him the asshole loser that he is and be done with it. Never mind I did it for you ! =D>

Harry you are a man of reason! You cut straight to the quick my friend. Well done.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 am

Sorry, my connection is a bit off this morning

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 am

Now, now. Seems I tried to give you ALL a heads up well over a year ago. Was it because I had tits this 'person" thought he could 'smash' me and I would just ignore and no one would believe me when I spoke of it? Maybe!

Hell, no. Not maybe. Everyone did ignore. Maybe thought it was funny - 'The pigster bashed Shortake - ha ha ha. '

I can relate because now I find it funny it happened on a much lesser scale to some of you.

I won't feel sorry for you all now LOL. I will just put on my TYS shirt and sit and chuckle. He will be back. Fences will be mended, and eventually he will be big enough to stay and take it like the pig he is.

BTW, he is on the other forum too. Sure wish I knew I could play over there, but I'd likely end up in that sandbox. Doesn't sound so bad, actually. Ever really roll around in the sand?

And if I could pass this cold on, I'd do that, too.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:05 am

Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
PreviousNext

Return to Misc. Discussions