13 Types or Audiophiles

Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: 13 Types or Audiophiles

Damn, my schizophrenia is showing. I'm a different audiophool depending on which day of the week it is. Today I'm the toob noob. No vinyl...sniff, sniff.

yet

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:43 pm

"5. The Angry Objectivist

Believes that measurements alone should sit upon the iron throne and insists that every review should include a double-blind A/B or its credibility is null. He has a small shrine to “NwAvGuy” constructed in the corner of his listening room."

Elgrau all the way! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Maybe #12 , but I am not that big into vinyl. I went to see a guy today that has over 6000 LP's he is more of a 12 than I am.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:05 pm

"5. The Angry Objectivist

Believes that measurements alone should sit upon the iron throne and insists that every review should include a double-blind A/B or its credibility is null. He has a small shrine to “NwAvGuy” constructed in the corner of his listening room."

Elgrau all the way! :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Nope, Snoop. None of them fit me (or probably any of us; we all too diverse here...), but #13 is closest. I'm not adventurous and very "brand loyal" once I find those brands I like.
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Snoop65 wrote:"5. The Angry Objectivist

In 2004&2008 copies of Stereophile magazine, JGordon Holt complained
that when Stereophile and other magazines like it ignored scientific procedure, their conclusions and brand of journalism became laughable. Bob Carver and his amplifier challenge, proved Holt's claim.

Measurements keep everyone honest about the viability of the products manufacturers retail to the buying public and helps perspective buyers to narrow the field when in the search for that new bit of gear.

Sometimes I just have music going when I'm working, other times I like a serious listen. You can be several different types of listener, each having its rewards.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:"5. The Angry Objectivist

In 2004&2008 copies of Stereophile magazine, JGordon Holt complained
that when Stereophile and other magazines like it ignored scientific procedure, their conclusions and brand of journalism became laughable. Bob Carver and his amplifier challenge, proved Holt's claim.

Measurements keep everyone honest about the viability of the products manufacturers retail to the buying public and helps perspective buyers to narrow the field when in the search for that new bit of gear.

Sometimes I just have music going when I'm working, other times I like a serious listen. You can be several different types of listener, each having its rewards.

ray

Excellent point Ray.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:48 am

I was about to say the same......we have all shown most of those traits at one time or another on our journey's- 8-[
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:50 am

I was about to say the same......we have all shown most of those traits at one time or another on our journey's- 8-[

even #3....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:46 pm

mbskeam wrote:

even #3....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah .....but......only in my dreams Mike! :D :-$
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Return to Misc. Discussions