Re: Sonos?

Thanks thuffman03!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:01 pm

X 2!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm

thuffman03 wrote:I have owned both, the Squeezebox Duet and the Sonos Connect. I cannot count how many issues I had with the Squeezebox.

I'll admit the Duet is touchy as hell, but once set up, (my 2) work perfectly... as do all my other SB's.

The whole "bridge" idea is just stupid... They make you buy OEM WiFi entenders to use their devices... WTF?

Hell, you give me a PP deposit, I'll loan you a SB-3 or Duet to try out.
I LOVE my SB Transporter!! and I'd put it up against any other device \:D/

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
thuffman03 wrote:I have owned both, the Squeezebox Duet and the Sonos Connect. I cannot count how many issues I had with the Squeezebox.

I'll admit the Duet is touchy as hell, but once set up, (my 2) work perfectly... as do all my other SB's.

The whole "bridge" idea is just stupid... They make you buy OEM WiFi entenders to use their devices... WTF?

Hell, you give me a PP deposit, I'll loan you a SB-3 or Duet to try out.
I LOVE my SB Transporter!! and I'd put it up against any other device \:D/

James

I have a Silver SB Transporter and it work flawless had it for 2 years, it was a real good buy used for $500.00

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm

I have owned both, the Squeezebox Duet and the Sonos Connect. I cannot count how many issues I had with the Squeezebox.

I currently have 4 duets and only 1 works. I agree with Huffman...more problems since Squeezebox has discontinued the units than before. Time to consider moving on.....
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I would not doubt you on the SB Transporter's quality. The issue is that, well, they are not being made anymore. I just looked on eBay and used ones are going for $800+.

Being used, no parts available and not being supported anymore has me questioning the investment I could loose if I get a bad one.

I agree the whole Sonos wireless network thing was disappointing to see, but I look at it this way. It creates it's own wireless network. Yes it costs $50 for the bridge, but that traffic is not going over my wireless network freeing up that bandwidth for other devices. The bridge is connected via 100mb into my router.

If you can find a Transporter cheep, then it would be worth it. I have had zero issues with the Sonos Connect. It is a solid delivery device for music.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:10 am

If you call Logitech, and push all the right buttons, you get transferred to the Slim Devices tech support.

WiFi audio is already beginning to die off. Streaming audio is moving more and more towards Bluetooth streaming. Bluetooth4 is basically lossless now.

"The Market" is pretty much everyone playing music, radio stations or youtube from their phones, and wanting to hear it on a bigger speaker.

Where the sheeple go, the money follows.

Regardless, when your TFM-45 dies, you pay $300-400 to recap it. I will stick with my SB's till something better comes out.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 am

kingman wrote:
I have owned both, the Squeezebox Duet and the Sonos Connect. I cannot count how many issues I had with the Squeezebox.

I currently have 4 duets and only 1 works. I agree with Huffman...more problems since Squeezebox has discontinued the units than before. Time to consider moving on.....

What are they or aren't they doing???
The duet was not the best SB by far.
Send me all the ones you aren't using, and let me take a look at them.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:09 pm

I wish I still had the Duet to send to you. I sold the remote and threw out the receivers.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

All I want to do is listen to music and not geek out trying to figure :-k out why the flippin' music isn't playin' ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ....man..... \:D/

Like i said... :-k
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:41 pm

For simplicity and dependability, I highly recommend one of those new fangled FM reciever things! :-"

:-k

When I buy my next frozen TV dinner, I'll remember to thank you for doing so!! [-o<

Cue those ol' boys from down the Texas way.... 8)

Mark

PS...What else would you expect me to say..... :lol:
Previous

Return to Misc. Discussions