James and Dave Sauter. Your attention please!

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

James and Dave Sauter. Your attention please!

Post by treitz3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:31 pm

What in the hell is going on here?

This place is a ghost town. A couple of days before CF and we have zero to 5 posts? ](*,)

This used to be the place of camaraderie, friendship and GTG's. You know, a place where we could all GTG and share experiences and honor the one man who had it going on in the industry. Regardless of issues, you have a fan base that wants this forum to continue. If you do not want to accept new members, there are plenty of folks who will accept the task and monitor the outcome.

I have been a moderator of a forum for more than 5 years since I basically "left" my duties here that is growing exponentially and that has many heavy hitters within the industry talking daily with the membership. It's about on par with AudiogoN. No shit. Just check out the "What's Best Forum".

WTF gives gentlemen? I have reached out to James and he stated the last time I talked to him that new members could join. That obviously is not the case.

I requested that if you two were not interested in continuing the forum, that we had folks in line that would be more than willing to carry on with the forum.

Yet, here we are. A dead forum. This honestly sucks as I have received requests from many a member of other forum's that would like to join in on the discussions here. I have no answer to them.

So, we have a problem and I have a solution.

Call me to discuss as I would like this rectified asap. Any issues you may have with someone should not (end result) affect the folks that are interested in talking about the one thing you started this forum for. I would not have devoted the incredible amount of time that I have offered to this forum over the years while CF was thriving and a dead forum was the ultimate end result. I would hope that you both could respect that.

Respectfully said.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: James and Dave Sauter. Your attention please!

Post by jjptkd » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

This place basically all but died the day you left. I check in on a semi regular basis but rarely post, it would be nice to see this place up and running again.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 am

James & Dave...what we are really saying is WE MISS YOU !!

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 am

Irma is on our minds not internet :( :(
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

Couple of days before the event, I'm packing and handling affairs. Wish all could make it. Not all can post every day, but we do our best.

Signed me, chopped liver lol.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 am

Im ok, Only lost power a few times. Power on at this time.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Stay safe Roy

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:00 pm

*Clears throat* :-s

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:11 pm

The issue is a techmalogical one....

This forum's software is out of date, and needs to be updated. The current running version has major security vulnerabilities, which allows spam bots to bypass the forums registration securities and allow them to auto register, which in turn allows them to spam the forum uncontrollably, and FAST !! The only way to stop it is the block registrations altogether, until the system us upgraded. The update requires newer server software than the current server has installed. The server can not be updated, as updating to the software "I" need, would crash other peoples sites that are on the same server. "Needs of the masses vs the needs of the few"

The only option I have is to "move" the entire forum over to a newer server with more current software. Which I was starting to do tight before the hurricane came. Give me a week or so, and I will try to get it done ](*,)

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank you sir! =D> =D> =D>

Glad to hear you made it through the 'cane relatively unscathed.

Tom

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Toy Maker wrote:The issue is a techmalogical one....
The only option I have is to "move" the entire forum over to a newer server with more current software. Which I was starting to do tight before the hurricane came. Give me a week or so, and I will try to get it done ](*,)
James

Thanks for your help on solving the site problems.

Glad you made out OK with the hurricanes

Missed you at CF17, hope you change your mind and come to CF18

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)