Outstanding Customer service from Oppo

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Outstanding Customer service from Oppo

Post by Don » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Just a quick shout out to Oppo for outstanding customer service. About 5 1/2 to 6 years ago, (believe 2012) I purchased an Oppo 83 BluRay Player after talking with the Wrabbit (RIP our friend) regarding his recommendation. Bought an additional 1 year warranty from Oppo at the time of purchase. During the second year of warranty, once in a great while, the BluRay would fail to eject on the first try. Notified Oppo by e-mail and they mentioned to send in for repair. Well, the issue was not frequent enough to send in. Therefore, did not do anything at the time. Fast forward, approx. 4 years later. Tray ejection now an issue much more frequently.

Contacted Oppo last month and sent a copy of my original email making them aware of problem years ago. Even though they were under no obligation to repair at no charge, they said send it in and they would repair it for free, update the software, plus pick up the return shipping. Oppo now back into HTR working as it should.

A very positive experience. =D>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Outstanding Customer service from Oppo

Post by frenchguy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:04 pm

that great Don, not too many companys stand behind their products for that long!! =D> Happy it all worked out well for you!! 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:33 pm

frenchguy wrote:that great Don, not too many companys stand behind their products for that long!! =D> Happy it all worked out well for you!! 8)

It was stories similar to this that weighed in on my decision to purchase an Oppo. I held out for a long time, but last month, purchased an Oppo 95. I'm glad I did. It's a great unit. And hopefully I'll never have a reason to send it back to the factory, but it's good to know the kind of people I'll be dealing with if I do.

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Glad to hear! I bought my first Oppo a couple months back, great little unit!
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Return to “Misc. Discussions”