My Son's System

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
sea
TFM-35

My Son's System

Post by sea » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 am

Lately to make room for new toys, I have been "loaning" out my gear to family.

My oldest daughter has my M500t MKII, BillD C1 tuner and CD player with a pair of SIlvers. My sister that many met at CF2015 has a M1.0t, C1, TX11 and CD player with a pair of CF Speakers.

The picture below is a system I just placed at my Son's. He was af CF the last couple,of years. Obviously, a pair of AL3 by amped with a Sunfire 200x5 with a CT17 preamp.

I am working on a setup for Randi's oldest son. It will be a pair of Silvers. Not sure about the electronics yet.

My deal with all is use it as long as you want but the equipment is mine if you ever stop using it. I am trying to do my part to spread the Carver / Audiphile bug to the headphone/MP3 generation.
IMG_0598.JPG
Last edited by sea on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: My Son's System

Post by kingman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am

Good for you Ed!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 am

Job well done,Ed. I’m sure they all appreciate your generosity.

Bob

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 pm

I don't know why it is upside down.
...Me either...I tried to save a copy and edit it but it says it's locked?
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:20 pm

good man....
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:45 pm

OCCD is communicable Ed! Good job passing it around.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 pm

I have been thinking of doing the same for my son in SC, AKA Thing 1, but have to start with other-than-carver because of his kids. They all love music and everything about it, BUT they are kids. So before I get him set up with the good stuff, he will have to deal with something less - including speakers. He wants a set of my cerwins - and that ain't happening. Not yet, anyway.

Thing 2, the one that lives with me, is happy with his surround system I got him a few years ago, and doesn't need anything else - with what I have here. When, and God I hope it is soon, he moves out, I will set him up with something, but again nothing wonderful because he is more into his instruments and would rather play his own music through guitar amps than worry about a system.

However, Ed, my pseudo-brother-in-law, I do have a room with a need for a nice little system. The living room, office, and bedroom, just aren't enough lol.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Post by Jazzman53 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Could you adopt me, Ed?

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm

X2! :lol: 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 pm

kingman wrote:Good for you Ed!!! =D> =D> =D>
X3. You da man, Ed. =D>

Did the same thing with Matt, my son years ago. Now passing equipment to my nephew in Kentucky. He was just here at Christmas talking about this very same issue. Wishing some of the millenials would get away from the apple ear bud thing and sit down and listen to a good sounding system. By the way, when he was here, I gave him a pristine C9 that came with the original box and packing. His eyes lit up as I had previously let him listen to one in my system just before he opened it. :D
Gave him one of my CF amps on an earlier visit. He is now a tube man. :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “Misc. Discussions”