Having fun in the Keys

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Having fun in the Keys

Post by Don » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm

At our annual Keys vacation with my wife, son Matt, his wife Ashley and our Golden Sid. Lobsters always taste better when you catch them yourself.😎
Attachments
F61FC78E-02A1-4D81-9CCD-6860804E5592.jpeg
Last edited by Don on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: Having fun in the Keys

Post by kingman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Sweet! Matt looks relaxed!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Happy you guys are getting a chance to relax & enjoy Don! =D> enjoy your time together!! \:D/ looking forward to seeing you guys soon! 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Matt got dinner for you dad?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Very nice! I'm hoping to be able to visit the Keys at some point. Looks like you are having some great family time,!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Yes Matt is very relaxed along with the rest of this Motley crew. Ray, time to pass the torch. Matt caught the lobsters free diving, I caught the snapper. No more tank diving for me with this bad ole back. Joint effort for dinner tonight. Just another day in paradise comes to a close.😎
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:09 pm

You really need to let me eat those lobsters for you, I don't want your cholesterol to go through the roof. :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:13 am

Snoop65 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:09 pm
You really need to let me eat those lobsters for you, I don't want your cholesterol to go through the roof. :lol:
:lol: Good one Snoop. I will take that under advisement. :-k
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 am

Doing a fresh water static flush on motor yesterday and a 9 ft manatee swims up and starts sucking fresh water out of fresh water discharge from motor. Never know what to expect in the Keys.
68121586-EEE5-4843-BB58-692AD9E0DABD.jpeg
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Went Mahi fishing today. Ocean was like glass most of day. On way in got sloppy when thunderstorm kicked up. Caught and released a bunch of them today. Also Matt fought about a 400lb. Shark on 25lblb test for about an hour before he broke off. Shark ate one of the Mahi.
The attachment AF084660-E7FC-4ED3-9026-630C4EA00435.jpeg is no longer available
Attachments
32074252-DA9D-4FE3-AA76-2852685FADF4.jpeg
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 pm

AF6624CC-861B-469F-AEDA-C2A37FEA08B4.jpeg
The attachment AF6624CC-861B-469F-AEDA-C2A37FEA08B4.jpeg is no longer available
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 pm

DA8A85DD-CDB0-455B-9B94-8FCC5477AB7C.jpeg
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Matt got dinner for you dad?

ray
OK Ray, this one is for you. :-" The old man still has a lobster dive or two left in him. :lol: Matt left yesterday.
3EDA27CE-6865-4168-B876-86301ECEF467.jpeg
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:59 am

Nicely done Don!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Been working on home last week or so. Much to do down here since Hurricane Irma. Terri and I slipped out to get dinner late this afternoon.
796C4C3F-2666-4E2B-AB38-3792C6EF591F.jpeg
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “Misc. Discussions”