BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE!

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Re: BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE!

OconeeOrange wrote:Jag, help me please.

:-# :-# :-#

BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Looks like Audiogon Bluebook quotes.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 225x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch KP 250 II (2 Pairs)
Klipsch RSW 15
(2) 18" Klipsch KP 480 Subs
Samson SX3200 (750x2 Sub Amp)
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 pm

jjptkd wrote:Looks like Audiogon Bluebook quotes.

Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world.

The price/value of an item is decided only by the buyer.

There is no reason these days with places like Carver that a buyer should be ripped off.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

...places like Carver?? Did not know they still in business!

As to the prices listed (for 300x2 and 600x2)..you asked for them OO! And they ARE actual sales prices for these amps (latest low, high, average, etc. ACTUAL sales). They ARE what someone paid for these amps. ](*,) ](*,)
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 pm

elgrau wrote:...places like Carver?? Did not know they still in business!

As to the prices listed (for 300x2 and 600x2)..you asked for them OO! And they ARE actual sales prices for these amps (latest low, high, average, etc. ACTUAL sales). They ARE what someone paid for these amps. ](*,) ](*,)

No, you dipstick; he meant places like THIS SITE~ ](*,)

But it is true, those are actual market prices paid. Not like some dude in a room is making up prices..
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Yeah, that was my point Herr Rabbit (they actual prices paid). And the other was that no; they not "wild ass" numbers that no one would ever pay (as OO implied:"Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world". Wrong! Dipstick! :lol: ); in fact the $899 just paid for that "suspect" 300x2 fits right in nicely between the low and high prices listed for this amp. Anyone know who paid this (the $899)? I was going to submitt the low bid of $699 this a.m......oh well; obviously would not have held up if someone decided to BIN it at $899. Whatever...I'm over it.... :lol:

"Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The price/value of an item is decided only by the buyer."
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Glenlivet

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
jjptkd wrote:Looks like Audiogon Bluebook quotes.

Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world.

The price/value of an item is decided only by the buyer.

There is no reason these days with places like Carver that a buyer should be ripped off.

Of course a person has to be aware of the very existence of this site. I for instance, just discovered it, and I have been member of many forums and have been a happy Carver/Phase Linear/Sunfire owner operator since buying my first Phase Linear 400 in the mid 70's.
<<

rah

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm

elgrau wrote:Yeah, that was my point Herr Rabbit (they actual prices paid). And the other was that no; they not "wild ass" numbers that no one would ever pay (as OO implied:"Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world". Wrong! Dipstick! :lol: ); in fact the $899 just paid for that "suspect" 300x2 fits right in nicely between the low and high prices listed for this amp. Anyone know who paid this (the $899)? I was going to submitt the low bid of $699 this a.m......oh well; obviously would not have held up if someone decided to BIN it at $899. Whatever...I'm over it.... :lol:

"Yea, very funny - no one would buy anything if they went by that, and there would be less music in the world."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The price/value of an item is decided only by the buyer."
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

I see the BIN buyer has a zero feedback.

Come on, did someone here set up a a new account and do the BIN to mess with him?
My office (and only) system:
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver (thanks jjptkd!)
Sunfire Theater Grand Processor (with original remote!)
Carver TD-1770
Klipsch Chorus II's
Sony CA70ES 5-disc changer
Sony SACD 5-disc changer
Previous

Return to Misc. Discussions