BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE!

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Re: BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE!

Post by SteveFord » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:42 pm

I'd help but am owed 3 grand at the moment - the joys of self employment. I sure as hell hope our economy improves and fast. The squeeze is being put on everyone.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's

ferrari
TFM-35

Post by ferrari » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 am

money order in the mail today,
good luck Tom
Ferrari
keep the faith my friends :)

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Good news and bad news...........

Post by treitz3 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank you. Thank you all very, very much. Since my pride has taken a major blow and my household has lost $21,200 in the past two months, the support [both emotionally and monetarily] has truly been overwhelming. It looks at this point, unless a miracle happens, I will possibly have to file for bankruptcy and foreclose on the house due to the combination of not getting paid and today's economy. We'll have to see how that all pans out, but please be sure to pray for us.

It saddens me to have to report this to such a wonderful group of folks. I will say this. The emotional support in talking with the members of this forum has really been helpful and at this point it really doesn't matter what happens next. I am expecting more bad things to happen but I will still hold my head up high. Nothing that has happened to Kim and I was a direct result of what we both have done. The economy has dictated everything.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am very happy to have met such a great group of people that in times of my personal trouble have gone out of their way to help in any way that they could. I really, really would like to express my utmost gratitude. I don't think that you folks can begin to fathom what that means to my wife and I.

That said, I have some great news that I would like to announce to the forum. My lovely wife Kim is now two months pregnant. She is exactly 8 weeks along [yesterday] and the announcements are going out this week to family and close friends. This weekend we announced to her Grandfather and Grandmother that they will both be Great-Grandparents. Thanksgiving we will be announcing it to the rest of the family and close friends will know this upcoming weekend.

Yes sir. There's gonna be a TREX jr. joining our family at or near July 5th of 2009. I am stoked about the news! \:D/ Stressed obviously, but ecstatic all at the same time. If it is a girl, we don't know the name yet but if it is a boy the name will be Aiden James Reitz.

I would again like to apologize to RichP, Gary and the forum members for not really being a part of the forum like I usually am and for being extremely depressed throughout the past two months, not really wanting to talk to anybody. This is still no excuse but I just wanted everybody to know what's been going on.

I will be taking a little walk downhill in the very near future but at this point, there's only one way to go from here. That's uphill. I will meet you all at the top of the hill again someday and I look forward to the journey I take along the way. May god bless you all. You are a GREAT group of folks. No doubt in my mind.

BTW, Kim is obviously stressed but doing fine. Me? I'm just tired of being depressed. As of today, I'm back. I'm the same TREX that all of you have gotten to know and I will not let the events that I cannot control take over what I can control. Thanks again to everybody who is praying for us and to all that I am proud to say "are the greatest bunch of nutcases I have ever met". Hehe. Really, you all ROCK!!! Again, thank you and I will be praying for the best for all of you as well.

TREX.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:38 pm

My prayers are with you Tom. Keep Kim safe and your soon-to-be. I'm sure all the rest of the forum members feel the same. The economy does suck, but I'm confident that it will come back — hopefully in better condition (sustainable) this time. Please keep us up-to-date as your time (and mood) permits. We're pulling for you!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Reese
TFM-75

Post by Reese » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Best wishes, Tom, all around on everything going on lately! You're definitely one of the great ones on this forum -- we all appreciate that! Congrats on you and your wife looking forward to a new family member, too!
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Prayers and friendship is always with you Tom. Congrats on the Carver newbie to be.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Can't really think of anything to add to what the others have already said Tom except good luck and my prayers are with the 3 of you.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

snarffydoggy
SILVER-7t

Post by snarffydoggy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:33 am

Tom, hang in there and keep plugging away and things will get better. I've been down this road twice in my life time and managed to start over. Our Prayers are with you and Richp, as it seems like Rich may be having some similar problems.
snarffydoggy

HRDROKN
TFM-45

Re: Good news and bad news...........

Post by HRDROKN » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 am

treitz3 wrote: That said, I have some great news that I would like to announce to the forum. My lovely wife Kim is now two months pregnant. She is exactly 8 weeks along [yesterday] and the announcements are going out this week to family and close friends. This weekend we announced to her Grandfather and Grandmother that they will both be Great-Grandparents. Thanksgiving we will be announcing it to the rest of the family and close friends will know this upcoming weekend.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Boy or girl? or..........TWINS??!!!??? Oh my.

Post by treitz3 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 am

Thank you. I'm pretty stoked about it. My family has been waiting 38 years to hear this news. Out of all of my generation cousins, sisters, brothers, half brothers and the list goes on, I am the absolute last one out of the whole lot to have a child despite being the second one born. Yeah, Mom and Aunt Cheryl are both gonna probably faint. :shock:

If anybody can help me to help another person, I would be much obliged. There is one other forum member that has been just as much involved with the forum as I have. This person is also encountering financial hardship and with what he has done unselfishly for this forum and its members has been flat out, well....outstanding. I tip my hat to this person and also wish him the best of luck and prosperity both in the near future as well as long term prosperity.

That person is Sir RichP. There are a few of you that have offered to send me $$$ and I have either not contacted you or told you to hold off for a bit. For those that have offered to help me out, I beg of you to consider PM'ing me to find out where to send a donation [again, not a loan] to help another fellow brother out. If you want it to be anonymous, that's cool.

Look, we are all in this together and we have assembled one HELL of a family here. Please, if you have anything extra to donate....please let me know. Even if it's an old Carver amp that he could fix and either use it for another roadshow or just sell it to make a few bucks. Like Snow said, even if it's $5, $50 or $500 every single bit counts to someone in a time of need. Take that from someone who knows. Thanks again to the forum and the greatest Carver fans that walk the face of this earth. May God bless you ALL.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Congrats on your announcement of the upcoming arrival of Treitz Jr.! It's great to hear all of your family and friends are so happy and excited for you and Kim!!! I must say if Rainwoman announced that there was going to be a Rainman Jr. my friends would probably have a different kind of excitement. Just the thought of a new updated version of Rainman being unleashed on this earth gets everyone into an uproar :shock: as they flash back to growing up with Rainman I. This causes them to imagine their kids growing up with Rainman II. That's when the women do three things (#1 verify emergency medical coverage for stitches and broken bones. #2 up their homeowners coverage for damage/disaster. #3 pray!) The guys get excited too as they are looking for the kid's helmets and the new video camera. The moral of the story is I think things are best as they are which will allow you to enjoy Trietz Jr's arrival and I can continue to enjoy kids by living vicariously through friends :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

RichP714
SILVER-7t

Post by RichP714 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Hello everybody.....I'd like to thank the forum for getting the amp to Malamute2k. Had I not been able to finalize the purchase, I'd have had to borrow money from my daughter's savings to pay him back. That was the biggest concern for me, being able to keep my word to a (hopefully) new friend; as for the roadshow amps, and the other amps on loan to Tom, they can take their time getting back to mel they're only metal.

I appreciate the offers of assistance, but I got myself into this situation, and there's light at the bottom of the well (?)

Some of you know my memory is half there (since I lost some brain tissue back in 2002). Well, it seems I not only spent several thousand dollars on Carver amps for the Mk II project (thinking I'd only bought 'a couple') but for the last two months I'd been paying all my utility bills twice.

If I foget to throw the bill in the file, and it stays on my desk, I think it's still due. Anyway, I did this to myself, and it's a short term situation that will straighten itself out after a bit.

I just need to recoup the money I've spent (christmas and birthday money) and maybe whore myself out building Mk II's for awhile, and we'll be fine.

Many thanks for all the emails I've received, and congratulations to Tom and his wife on the upcoming baby ;)

Rich

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:47 pm

It is good to see you both back.
Congratulations to the Treitz3 family and chin up, things always get better.
Now if I could just get Rich to pay MY utility bills that would be a big plus because they really suck. We're down to using a Zippo on a cowflop to heat the kid's room.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks you for coming back Rich. Money struggle drag all who have them down.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:23 am

All's well that ends well.... O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “Misc. Discussions”