***** SCAM ALERT *****

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

User avatar
edriz
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 am
Location: Homer,NY
Contact:

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by edriz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 am

I always thought that part of Ebay rules were that you are not allowed to communicate outside of ebay and absolutely not allowed to "BUY IT NOW" outside of Ebay. In other words Money was not to be exchanged outside of the Ebay transaction confines??

Ebay doesn't pick up on this and shut this guy down?
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 am

edriz wrote:I always thought that part of Ebay rules were that you are not allowed to communicate outside of ebay and absolutely not allowed to "BUY IT NOW" outside of Ebay. In other words Money was not to be exchanged outside of the Ebay transaction confines??

Ebay doesn't pick up on this and shut this guy down?
You honestly think ebay gives a shite? They have too d@mn many transactions to follow up on them all. They made their $$$ when the guy listed it....
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

User avatar
edriz
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 am
Location: Homer,NY
Contact:

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by edriz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 am

TNRabbit wrote:
edriz wrote:I always thought that part of Ebay rules were that you are not allowed to communicate outside of ebay and absolutely not allowed to "BUY IT NOW" outside of Ebay. In other words Money was not to be exchanged outside of the Ebay transaction confines??

Ebay doesn't pick up on this and shut this guy down?
You honestly think ebay gives a shite? They have too d@mn many transactions to follow up on them all. They made their $$$ when the guy listed it....
But don't they also get a percentage of the sale??
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:29 am

edriz wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:
edriz wrote:I always thought that part of Ebay rules were that you are not allowed to communicate outside of ebay and absolutely not allowed to "BUY IT NOW" outside of Ebay. In other words Money was not to be exchanged outside of the Ebay transaction confines??

Ebay doesn't pick up on this and shut this guy down?
You honestly think ebay gives a shite? They have too d@mn many transactions to follow up on them all. They made their $$$ when the guy listed it....
But don't they also get a percentage of the sale??
Yes, but they are making so much d@mn money they don't have time to track all these shysters. Even when you TELL them, they seldom keep up with them.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm

ebay is a damn good place to shop, especially for music. It is also good as you can get some sort of handle on the seller if you look. If you see snake oil, or a deal too good to be true - ?? I worked fraud for a couple of years. Old people, young people - all get taken wanting something for nothing.

In the last couple months, I have brought down two guys selling binoculars they did not have. They were putting up the new Lecia for half.
There are bargains on ebay, and great deals, but it is "buyer beware".

Personally, I shop there all the time.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3370
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am
Location: Oregon

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by Jag_97470 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm

I always look at the other item's the seller has for sale. The seller is selling an expensive amp but all his other item's are weird low cost crap and then here's this nice amp for sale? I stay away! If there is other audio gear for sale I will take a closer look.

User avatar
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2608
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: ***** SCAM ALERT *****

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:11 am

beemers417 wrote:The same seller is trying to pull the same crap on a Marantz 7 also. [-X [-X [-X
I have seen those same scum bags hundreds of times on ebay!!! Projecters and other electronics are what they prey on the most!!! Thanks for getting it removed....
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Post Reply

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”