FUCK YOU PAYPAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: FUCK YOU PAYPAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by OconeeOrange » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm

BillD wrote:It sounds like big payments need to be done the old fashioned way. Cash with guns drawn.

I think that covers it all - :D

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm

"Feel free to add comments on my blog. Over there, idiots believe I am an audio expert"

Over here, audio experts believe you are an idiot! :lol: :lol:

I kid, I kid, Agent Orange..... :D
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

basspig
TFM-6cb

Post by basspig » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 am

Oh, good old PayPal... I'm still without use of my eBay and PayPal accounts because some ignorant foreigner didn't understand the meaning of NoS (new old stock) and bitched when the rare, discontinued TI chips I sent him were not any different than shown in the photos in my auction. The idiot filed a chargeback and PayPal has placed my account into negative balance AND added a $20 chargeback fee. And the buyer never returned the merchandise! This has been going on since September.
And yes, I have 11 years on eBay and PayPal with zero problems prior to this idiot screwing it all up. Now I have my first negative feedback out of hundreds of positives and a frozen PP account. Which means my ability to bring in cash through selling off my stuff has been cut off. So it's craigslist to sell my stuff for a while.
And don't even think about Moneybookers. Zero customer service. My Revostock account pays me via PayPal, so I had to switch to Moneybookers to avoid having my royalties go to the crooks at PayPal, but Moneybookers isn't processing my payments from Revostock, so my online income is completely cut off now. Annoying, at the very least.
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Well, that just sucks!!! Wish I had read this sooner... I'm going to have to research that link and change my account. Thanks for the heads up. :-k
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

beemers417
!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post by beemers417 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Oops, I sold a gun legally a week ago on GB. Did not know that Paypal objected to legal sales/transfers going from a FFL holder to a FFL holder, to a person that was not a criminal. The fuckers suspended my account. What I don't understand is, when I listed said evil piece of equipment, there was a paypal option listed to accept payment. Fuck Paypal.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 am

beemers417 wrote:Oops, I sold a gun legally a week ago on GB. Did not know that Paypal objected to legal sales/transfers going from a FFL holder to a FFL holder, to a person that was not a criminal. The fuckers suspended my account. What I don't understand is, when I listed said evil piece of equipment, there was a paypal option listed to accept payment. Fuck Paypal.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:17 am

I had a issue on a perfect Carver 1.5t that I sold - Fucking PayPal rapped my funds and the buyer switched out Face plates and returned a Non working amp! Fuck you PayPal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Scarabeo wrote:I had a issue on a perfect Carver 1.5t that I sold - Fucking PayPal rapped my funds and the buyer switched out Face plates and returned a Non working amp! Fuck you PayPal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's horrible! I've never even heard of such trickery! I don't know how some people can sleep at night! :x :x :x
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm

I have had no issues with a service offered by u.p.s. called C.O.D. which does it the old way minus the guns... 8) It works great if you are selling something, but I only use it to buy things from people I know for obvious reasons.
Paypal and Ebay are working really hard at turning the phrase "buyer beware" into something new called "buyers be rare". This creates a situation in which they keep raising fees to compensate for the declining number of people buying and selling things. My wife used to do a great deal of business on ebay as a preferred seller, but their policies kept getting more and more fucktarded. As their fees got higher and higher she sold less and less at the same rate. It has now been over a year since she has sold anything. The funniest thing about it is they say the drop in their numbers is due to the economy :lol: There's a saying, something about "the forest through the trees".

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

basspig
TFM-6cb

Post by basspig » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:18 am

The thing that sucks worse is that there are no decent alternatives. I have a Revostock stock video library, which pays me via PayPal. Since my PayPal account is frozen due to the afore-mentioned problem, I cannot receive funds from Revostock sales. So they do have Moneybookers, and I signed up for that.. however, the payment still isn't going through. A week of e-mails and MB responds that I need to upgrade to an E-wallet account. How? I have to BUY something from one of their affiliate vendors! What a racket!
So anything I sell on EB now has to be for cash only. No more Paypal.
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
-

rhiggs
TFM-45

Post by rhiggs » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 pm

So anything I sell on EB now has to be for cash only. No more Paypal.
Problem is, you can't list on ebay unless you use PayPal and they will pull your listing if you say you will only accept cash.
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

basspig
TFM-6cb

Post by basspig » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 am

The eBay loses my business.

In the meantime, the buyer has not returned my merchandise AND he's gotten a refund via a chargeback on his credit card, which puts my PayPal account in the red almost $300. On top of that PP is charging me a $20 chargeback fee. So the buyer is now in possession of stolen property, which means my next step is to get the police involved and the FBI (wire fraud).
I informed PayPal that the buyer still has my stuff, and I cannot reimburse my PP account until I get my merchandise and re-sell it again to recoup the funds. Their response was a series of calls from a collection agency the very next morning. Nice.
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Business sites at:
-

rhiggs
TFM-45

Post by rhiggs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 am

Ya wanna here another good one?

I sold a couple items on eBay a couple weeks ago to the same seller for $94 with shipping. Well, apparently, someone had hacked his account (according to him) and made a $99.99 charged to some place called Frogstar.com (or something like that) which gave him a negative $99.99 balance. So, when he pays me, PayPal makes him fund his account for 193.99 using his credit card. He then does a charge back for $99.99 through his credit card and PayPal freezes the whole 193.99 (including my $94.00) even though the charge back was for $99.99. Just prior to this happening, I had transferred the $94.00 (less fees) to my bank. So, that left me with a negative balance of $94.00 (less fess).

Three hours on the phone, 10 emails documenting my conversation with the seller and 3 faxes with additional information later, they still could understand what was going on. Even on the "Dispute Page", it showed the disputed amount was $99.99 but the total of my transaction was $94.00. They still couldn't figure it out, saying the $99.99 must have been a typo.

I received an email from the buyer explaining the $99.99 charge which I forwarded to PayPal. Then I called them and they still insisted I fund my account. I finally told they could not be doing what they were doing as I believed it violated the Uniform Commercial Code for Interstate Transactions. She said it was in the user agreement. I asked to tell me the section the specifically says they can do that. She couldn't and said it was a credit card policy.

I told her that it doesn't matter what their policy says or what the credit card policy says. If it violates state or Federal law, those policies (contracts) are null and void. I told her if they did not zero out my balance, I was prepared to turn this over to the Consumer Affairs Division of my State's Attorney General Office like I did once before against Microsoft/PayPal/eBay and their Live.com rebate program they were running and WON!!! (I received letters from each of them and the AG asking if thing were done to my satisfaction :D )

Well, by the end of the day, my account was back up to zero and the dispute had been closed.

=D> =D> =D>
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 am

I bought some LP's on ebay, and paid for them thru paypal. I have always used direct transfer from my checking account in the past. But now, paypal only offers a echeck or credit card as options! WTF! echeck says it will take several business days to process! So I'm forced to use the credit card, if I want to have the items shipped out now. Just another way paypal holds your money. I really wish there was an alternative!
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”