PayPal dispute resolution is bullshit

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

PayPal dispute resolution is bullshit

Post by Miko1971 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 am

I sell my Panamax power conditioner to this guy. He complains that it hums and wants a refund even though I state no returns accepted. Then he files a claim saying its damaged. I send PayPal a copy of the fucking owners manual that address hum. Yes, in certain conditions they can hum. At first he's like I just don't like it and I've always wanted to try one...

So PayPal grants the claim....

Consider yourself warned if you ever deal with this Person:

Thomas Nasheri
Beachwood, Ohio

tn001d@yahoo.com

eBay I.D: tn001d
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (90.95 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Last edited by Miko1971 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: PayPal dispute resolution is bullshit

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 am

To me, the problem is that quote..."I've always wanted to TRY one."

He regarded the whole transaction as simply a trial. Not a purchase.

I don't understand some people.

You'll have to carry though with the "system" and just move on. You have no choice but to try to put it behind you and very secondarily ,talk about the system with folks like you've just done here. PP not honoring your wording just flat sucks!

Sorry for the sucky experience and bumping into such a person.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 am

That really sucks man! I know eBay and Paypal seem to always side with the buyer in disputes like this, part of the risk of online selling I guess. Hopefully the buyer will at least pay return shipping and send it back in the same condition you sold it in, that way you're only out the original shipping cost and a little bit of time.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:12 am

Yea see that's the part that bothers me. I know the damn thing was perfect and in immaculate condition. Now he has it and did whatever to it.. I would expect that it be returned in exactly the same condition with everything that was included.

I suppose the "no returns" accepted means nothing. Screw it, I'm not going to bother trying to sell anything on eBay after this. And yes, when the buyer tried to return it using eBay returns the reason was lists as "just didn't like it" then I refuse the return and all of a sudden when he files a claim with PayPal its "item is damaged" so PayPal just takes this fuckers word? No proof of damage?

I wondered if I was dealing with some "English ain't my first language" bastard when I sent a follow up package containing the little metal clips that hold the power cord into the back and he's writing me saying he already has the rack brackets. All this was painfully explained in 13 separate filings with PayPal.

So it seems like they totally ignored everything I wrote, documents submitted etc...

Hmmm... If this is how it's going to be, I can see there will be a massive amount of procreation taking place against people's will....

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 am

How can you make a spurious claim back it up with nothing and PayPal says "yea, he gets his money and you get fucked $50+"?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 642 times
image.jpeg

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:51 pm

You are unable to leave negative Feedback about buyers. It isn’t typical for buyers to be publicly rated and eBay is adhering to this standard in order to support excellent seller performance and provide a competitive user experience for buyers.

What?? Where was I when eBay decided to turn into a fucked up place to buy and sell shit?

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Yup they're some miserable pricks. One of my buddies in the 'Burgh sold a high dollar amp set to someone in the far east. It got delivered and signed for....then the 'buyer' gets with paypal and claims good weren't delivered. But we have a signature...no good dudint matter a wit. Seller was out $1200. Guy from the 'Burgh handling the transaction has to come up with the $$. Paypal was beyond useless. Fuck 'em. Don't sell anything outside the good ol' US of A.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:01 am

You know I don't understand what happened with eBay, over the years I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Semi Trucks, my $50k racing bike and never had a problem. This ain't good.. I'm using audiogon now.

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”