Feedback, when?

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Feedback, when?

Post by frankieD » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:54 pm

I posted this thread on misc also. Just want to know when should you give feedback to eprey seller. My gut says after you get the product. Seller asked for feedback now. Amp will be here next week.

Frank

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 pm

absolutely AFTER you have received the product (amp) and verified that it is as "advertised". It's about the only leverage you have over the seller and you don't want to give that up (and really can't: how can you feedback about something - the transaction/product that has not been yet completed??).
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:18 pm

From eBay:

When To Leave Feedback

There is no set policy as to who should leave feedback first. This is an individual decision.

It is usually best to wait to leave feedback until the transaction is completed. This way if there are any problems, they can be worked out before it is left. As stated in post #2, feedback is not communication. Always try to work out any problems before leaving feedback. This will reduce the amount of mutually withdrawn feedbacks (which show on your profile page), and any follow-up feedback may be left in response to the original comment.

Fast payment does not mean a buyer deserves feedback right away. That is only one step of the transaction.

A buyer does not have to leave feedback the day they receive the item. Just receiving an item does not mean they've had a chance to look at the item and make sure it works or is as described.

Due to an increasing number of unwarranted negatives received after leaving positive for the buyer, many sellers now wait to leave feedback until they know the buyer has received the item and is happy. This does not mean they are holding your feedback "hostage".

If you are a buyer and are happy with the item you've received, you can let the seller know by either leaving positive feedback, sending them a brief email to tell them so, or both.

You have 90 days to leave feedback. If you know the auction number, you can leave leave feedback after 90 days using the Feedback Forum.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

audioassassin77
TFM-45

Post by audioassassin77 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:09 pm

in addition you will have a very hard time if the item does not show up. if you have left positive feedback the seller can use this against you in the event you need to file an item not recieved dispute.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Re: Feedback, when?

Post by tomstat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:13 am

frankieD wrote:I posted this thread on misc also. Just want to know when should you give feedback to eprey seller. My gut says after you get the product. Seller asked for feedback now. Amp will be here next week.

Frank
As I recommended on the other thread, you should leave the feedback AFTER you have the amp.
ImageImage

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:12 am

...they can have my feedback when they pry it from my cold, dead paws...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Thanks to all

Post by frankieD » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm glad to see everyone agrees with my "gut". Thanks for the info and support. ONce again, what a great site.

Frank

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:54 pm

I NEVER leave feedback until I get said product.....I have run into your situation before, I just explain I have been taken before and now I wait until I receive the product to leave it....They usually are good about it.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

I didn't wait long enough

Post by frankieD » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Well I waited to give feedback until the amp arrived & I set it up. It really brought the als silvers alive. I was very happy. The tfm42 sounded pretty much the same as my m500t but it didn't "run out of steam" and that made a real difference. The seller had been nice and even offered money back guarantee so I gave him a nice positive feedback. Within and hour after I sent it, the amp died. I sent him an email to see what he will do for me. I am waiting. I'll let you know what happens. The seller is "day1hei2" in case anyone else has had dealings with him. Let me know what your experience was.

Thanks, Frank

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Damn, dude. THAT just plain sucks!

Good luck with getting it resolved. I hate this for you.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm

That sucks big time man....Some dickface just sold me a shit-ton of FAKE Cardas RCA plugs.....They weren't even good fakes.....Some peoples kids.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Ebay seller honest?

Post by frankieD » Tue May 01, 2007 7:17 pm

I may have found a good seller. I emailed him explaining that the amp worked for a short time and soon after I gave him a positive feedback the amp died. He is offering:
1) A full refund and I ship the amp to Hi-Tech Audio in Oregon and amp goes back to him after being repaired.
2) He will apply the refund toward the rebuild and amp comes back to me after being repaired.
He sounds like a good guy. I have called CCR to find out what it will cost for them to repair it. I don't know who Hi-Tech Audio is (Rolland?).
I will keep you posted on the continuing saga.

Frank

bikerdude523
TFM-55

Post by bikerdude523 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:14 pm

Yes, Hi-tech Audio is Rolland. They do great work but it will probably cost over 300.00 shipping and all to be repaired. They charge a flat rate and go totally through the unit (refurbish). But it should be good for another 20 years of tunes after that.
Sounds like a good deal to me, If it can be fixed (which it probably can) you get a refurbished amp tweaked to at least factory specs. If it can't be fixed you get your money back. Sounds like win/win to me.
Good luck!!
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Further ebay adventures

Post by frankieD » Sat May 19, 2007 12:43 am

Well I sent the amp to Roland. He got it but not the $250.00 refund (the seller promised to send it to him last week). Roland asked how I paid. When I told him paypal he strongly suggested I notify them since I have some recourse for 45 days (30 already gone). I did and the result was that the seller (dav1hei2) ecalated it to a claim. I don't know what will happen now. The seller sent me at least 2 emails stating he will refund the money but now it seems he won't. I will let you know what happens.
Frank.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Pass the vaseline

Post by frankieD » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:02 pm

Well I finally got a resolution to my tfm-42 problem. I went round & round with the seller who kept saying he would refund the money if I dropped the claim. Even Roland said the doesn't pay so I told him to send the money and I would drop it.

I sent e-bay all the emails I had where he stated he would refund the money if I wasn't happy but they still found in his favor.

The upside is I now have a refurbished tfm-42 from Roland.

Frank

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”