Not...

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

oldschooler
Newbie 50+

Not...

Post by oldschooler » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:01 pm

much of a boondoggle...but here's my beef....When bidding on an item (Carver or not)...bid is what it is...and in the last few seconds it skyrockets to...fill in $$$ amount here...my beef is the shill bidders that bid up the price...someone with a feedback of 3 or less wins...and lo and behold it shows up a few days later in a new auction...for instance...this guy in pitsburgh is a dead shill and I even brought it to Ebays attention...where'd that get me...of course...nowhere...am i missing something integral to an ebay auction...why not just put a reserve on it and be done with it...not being a huge seller on ebay, i dont know if it matters...anyway...just my rant...I'm done now...
Last edited by oldschooler on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"She didn't look like a cop!"

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:22 pm

It seems to me, though, that someone has to pay the eBay fees. EBay must just love that stuff. They get paid over and over.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

oldschooler
Newbie 50+

Post by oldschooler » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 pm

for instance...tell me this isnt being shill bid up to whatever price the seller is lookin to get...I would hope its not anyone here...doubt it...why not just put a reserve on it and be done with it...anyway...kinda like the hannah montana tickets thing i guess...dont get me started on that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=010
"She didn't look like a cop!"

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Welcome to flea-bay. It gets worse.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:13 pm

treitz3 wrote:Welcome to flea-bay. It gets worse.
Hey,
Watch-it Buster ! #-o

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 am

I've been buying & selling on the 'bay for 10 years now. Don't get in a hurry. I wait until the last 15 minutes or so & bid my maximum ONLY then if it's something I really want. Don't get upset if it goes for $2.00 more than you bid; that happens a lot. Be comfortable that what you bid is the max you are willing to spend. Also, READ the auction thoroughly & ask ALL questions BEFORE you bid.

I recently picked up two pair of Realistic Minimus 7 speakers in LIKE NEW condition for only $9 & $14 resepectively (lots of talk about them here on the forum!); I figured I'll use 'em for surrounds and maybe even use two for a center channel. A lot has to do with the desirability of the item you're bidding on. If it's a sleeper, it's easier to win. O:) O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 am

It's not called ePrey for nuttin'... not to mention their partner, PainPal.
ImageImage

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”