FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:51 am

HELP!!!!---(2) 60" RIBBONS NEEDED

<<

Dawhippndaddz_loft

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:22 pm

HELP!!!!---(2) 60" RIBBONS NEEDED

THESE HAVE TO BE THE HARDEST RIBBON TWEETERS ON THE PLANET TO LOCATE ](*,) . I HAVE SPENT 4-8 YEARS LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF 60" TWEETERS TO UPGRADE MY ORIGINALS. WELL, SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSE THAT MUST KNOW AT LEAST TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE THAT KNOWS ONE PERSON WITH A PAIR TO SELL OR TRADE. I FOUND ONE GUY 8-[ IN WASHINGTON STATE THAT WANTED TO SELL ME A PAIR FOR $2000.00. MY REPLY WAS; " CRYSTAL METH MUST BE EASY TO GET...HUH?" [-X

SO, FRIENDS, FAMILY AND DRUNKARDS PLEASE PUT SOME FEELERS OUT THERE AND DIRECT THEM TO:
KMPEYTON4@GMAIL.COM--CHARLOTTE,NC 28217 ( FOR NOW )

KEEP PRAYING FOR THOSE THAT SERVE HERE IN AMERICA AND OVERSEAS.......GOD BLESS AMERICA!
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: HELP!!!!---(2) 60" RIBBONS NEEDED

PM toymaker, he is tough to get a hold of sometimes but he should be able to help you out!! :-k
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Angelo?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 pm

New with 90 day warranty is not cheap....
Be cautious of older replacements. They are all about 20+ years, and will need re-kapping soon.

http://carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1263

60" Platinum Ribbon Drivers $750 ea. or $1400 pr. + s/h

I am offering (BRAND NEW) 48" and 60" (Carver) OEM ribbon drivers.
I have all of Carver's OEM ribbon driver stock.

These ribbons are 100% OEM replacements to the originals, and come with a 90 day CarverAudio warranty.

If you have any questions, please contact me: james@carveraudio.com
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 pm

I have some. I thought we talked about this a while back.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Dawhippndaddz_loft

Post Wed May 14, 2014 8:44 pm

angelod307 wrote:I have some. I thought we talked about this a while back.

Maybe we did, I'm not sure myself. Apology needed for not remembering #-o Give me a shout out how much for he set you have tweeters. \:D/ Question are OEM any good in quality? :-k
<<

Dawhippndaddz_loft

Post Wed May 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Toy Maker wrote:New with 90 day warranty is not cheap....
Be cautious of older replacements. They are all about 20+ years, and will need re-kapping soon.

http://carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1263

60" Platinum Ribbon Drivers $750 ea. or $1400 pr. + s/h

I am offering (BRAND NEW) 48" and 60" (Carver) OEM ribbon drivers.
I have all of Carver's OEM ribbon driver stock.

These ribbons are 100% OEM replacements to the originals, and come with a 90 day CarverAudio warranty.

If you have any questions, please contact me: james@carveraudio.com

Question- How is the quality of sound with OEM as compared to the originals? :-k
Question 2- Should I list my (4)30" ribbons on Ebay or CarverAudio Forum? My originals are in satisfactory condition no buzzes or ringing; I 've always wanted to upgrade my soundstage.
Question3- Would you be interested in a DISCOUNT W/ TRADE for your items? ( don't think the $$$ wil please the wife quotient :-({|= )
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Sorry, at this point they are gone for now. James is the best bet for a worry free transaction and long life expectations from the ribbons. The ones I have are gonna be pretty close to what James wants anyway, he rebuilt them a couple of years ago.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

If possible, the 60" is better for a couple of reasons. But you need the proper crossover. I do have a Clearwater for 750 shipped. Electronic 2 way made just for the 60" and four 12" woofers. Far more efficient than passive.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri May 16, 2014 3:39 am

My ribbons are OEM. We have all the oem parts left from when Carver closed its doors. I used to do their out of warranty service work on them, as well as supplying Carver and Genesis with rebuilt ribbons for in-warranty exchanges.
Sorry, but I already have about 4 sets of 30" ribbons floating around, don't really need or want any more. Everyone wants the 60"s and not the 30"s

To be honest.... if you have 30" ribbons, you'd probably be better off sticking with them. If you try to upgrade to 60" ribbons, you also have to upgrade/change the crossovers as well.
Carver had an upgrade package, and they would replace the ribbons and the crossovers at the same time.
Also, rebuilding a 30" ribbon when it goes is much cheaper than a 60"

I don't know the exact differences between the crossovers, but I'm pretty sure RobertR on the forum would know quite a bit about them.
It's kind of one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" deals.... If and when you start having problems, that might be the time to really think about doing the "upgrade"
But either way, it won't be a cheap deal. But even if you invest $2000 into upgrading everything, you still can't touch a new set of speakers today for that price.
Rebuilding something vintage is usually a better and cheaper plan than buying something new.

An active crossover is the "ultimate upgrade" for the Carver speakers. You have to buy a 2nd amp, if you don't already have one, but they become a whole new animal once you "cut out the fat" of the passive crossovers !!!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum