Apology to Rolland and the forum in general

If you have Carver repair questions, or can help other users with repairs, this is the place for it
tomstat
SILVER-7t

Apology to Rolland and the forum in general

Post by tomstat » Tue May 22, 2007 12:50 pm

First of all, I want to apologize to Rolland for slamming him and his business on this board. I make no excuse for making some very inappropriate remarks regarding a repair he recently peformed for me.

So that no rumors develop regarding what happened, I sent a preamplifier to Rolland for a repair, when the preamp returned I found another issue and instead of contacting Rolland, I posted a public complaint about his work here on the CarverAudio forum.

Rolland, I apologize to you; I was wrong, behaved inappropriately, and am embarrassed for having used Dave's board as a forum to take a swipe at you and your business when I should have been man enough to simply call or email you. I regret the negative comments directed toward you and after talking to you, have to say that you're one hell of a nice guy. Thank you for continuing to service Carver components, your service is greatly appreciated.

To the rest of the board, I also offer my apologies for sullying your forum with a textbook anger management "temper tantrum."
ImageImage

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue May 22, 2007 1:05 pm

We appreciate you being man enough to come forth & posting this public apology, Tom. Thanks & apology accepted. Water under the bridge now...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Tue May 22, 2007 4:41 pm

I understand how you could be mad, and really I don't see a point in apologizing. I would be that pissed if not more, but I would have called him about it before I posted here...

I know I have not been a welcoming wagon for Rolland on a couple of occasions, but I personally would rather send my stuff to someone who worked for the man since Phase days, and is really an indispensable source of knowledge on the majority of this equipment...Not to say Rolland doesn't know his shit, he helped me go through my C-19 for over 40 minutes on the phone before telling me he would need to put on his bench and go through it....Wasn't a money maker for him, but he told me that it could be something simple, and not to send it all the way there to have it be an easy fix...My preference for Rita is mostly because I have dealt with her at Carver Service and was very satisfied with the results.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Tom: I'm so there dood. I almost had a stroke(no kidding) when my TFM-55s returned and one would work intermittantly or make a scratching sound when played. Fortunately the battery on my cordless phone is on it's way out and wasn't charged or I would have had some serious grovelling to do. I was lucky to be able to give my issues a second(crap interconnect) look before my mouth got me in too deep.

For my own part I'm just starting to realize what I've got tied up here($$, time and sweat) and how fortunate I am to even have a system like mine in the first place.

None of our gear can be replaced, easily or for a reasonable cost so I can relate to what you must be going through. BTW, did the problem resolve itself or did you manage to work it out on your own?
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

bikerdude523
TFM-55

Post by bikerdude523 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:33 pm

I don't blame you tomstat, I am plenty impatient when waiting for one of my toys to return from repair. Then when it finally gets here, it still don't work. Pissed off would be an understatement! Rolland has been a lot of help to me, on the phone and with repairs. I have a M-4.0t that needs repair, been waiting for Rita to get settled in and there operation smoothed out. Rita is the shit when it comes to amps. Has anyone heard how there situation is coming?

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed May 23, 2007 11:36 pm

Some of you crack me up. Here's a guy that knows how to fix your broke dick Carver gear, has the parts to do so and is always available, yet some of you continue to berate him for his prices and service. Obviously, Rita and Mylinda are not the demi gods some make them out to be, so how about ya'll cut the guy some slack. Be grateful instead of ingrates.

BTW, if you think Rolland's prices are high you should see what real high end companies charge.

Tom, you do deserve credit for manning up. Bravo.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

-MR ROLLAND

Post by maddmaxxx » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:00 am

-please remember that mr rolland is the ONLY tech. that will repair x-overs for the amazings !...[last quote 165. ea]....../mx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:06 am

You guys don't know just how lucky we are to have him still fixing equipment.
They were about to throw away (IN THE DUMPSTER) (4) pallets of parts for the ribbons when they thought to call us to see if we wanted them.
All the Carver parts were costing more in rent and floor space then the parts were worth to them any more.

I'll take a $200-300 repair for my favorite equipment, over $1000 for a new amp any day.

U da' man Roland !!! but..........
who are you going to hand everything down to some day ??
I wanna see a couple of 100 year old Silver-7ts kicking along !

Return to “CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum”