Who do you want to be?

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Who do you want to be?

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:32 am

Sherry and I have worked very hard to show our girls what is right, what is wrong, and what it means to be a productive citizen. How to have a voice and you had better stand up for what you believe in. Those things, we find important.

Several years ago our family took in one of my daughter Vosh's friends who found herself homeless and most recently (now) we took in one of my former clients (I work in the DD field) that was removed from his domicile. These are things you just do if you can...sorta putting your money where your mouth is.

I guess the moral of the story is (at least for me) your children might become what you try to be....

Some of you may have heard this before.

Last year our twinz, Shaylee and Jessica were out at the store quite late at night. While checking out at the store the folks in front of them were unable to pay for their groceries and left. My girls payed for their things AND the folks in front of them and then ran the groceries out to the people who couldn't afford them. It was money they earned at work (Wendy's and Taco Bell), they didn't say a thing to us. The store manager told Sherry the next time she went to Walmart. When I was their age that would not have occurred to me.

You cannot believe how proud I am of them!! AND... we are very lucky to have them.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Who do you want to be?

Post by Snoop65 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:39 am

That's excellent Ray!!!! =D> =D> =D> You and your wife are doing a fine job!

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1co.13.2.KJV
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 am

you know Ray this is very fucking hard fo me to say but they probably had good parents.

Even you !

P.S. You have every right to be proud of them.

Me? I'm maybe even just a little proud of you !

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I've always said kids will do what you "do" not what you say. Sounds like your doing it right! And if FrankieD actually has something nice to say about you well that's really impressive... :lol:

Snoop I've never taken notice of that verse, kinda says it all.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Great job with the girls buddy!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Last year our twinz, Shaylee and Jessica were out at the store quite late at night. While checking out at the store the folks in front of them were unable to pay for their groceries and left. My girls payed for their things AND the folks in front of them and then ran the groceries out to the people who couldn't afford them. It was money they earned at work (Wendy's and Taco Bell), they didn't say a thing to us. The store manager told Sherry the next time she went to Walmart. When I was their age that would not have occurred to me. ray
Well done Sherry and Ray, its nice to have kids that think of others. =D>

Pat and I where in a Foodland store a few years ago, mom with a 4/5 year old kid.
Mom was counting her change to pay for the items, had to put a couple of things back, the kid was asking for
some candy as its displayed at the check out counter.
Mum put a item back and picked up the candy bar.

Pat gave the cashier her credit card and paid for all the item in the basket, including the items that where put back
also put a couple more candy bars in the basket.

Whole thing $60/$70 it felt great.

Brian
Last edited by BrianT on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 pm

congrats Ray, most kids today dont give 2 shits about anyone else! :rolleyes: you have 2 good ones!! =D> 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:55 pm

frenchguy wrote:congrats Ray, most kids today dont give 2 shits about anyone else! :rolleyes: you have 2 good ones!! =D> 8)
rant on/
The children of the owner of the company I work for are 2 of those people. Their parents are on vacation and these 2 yutz haven't even bothered to come to work. Last time they vaca'd the daughter left the country. I asked the son today if he was coming to the office but he said he needed to feed the animals. 1 dog and 1 cat. How fucking long does that take? I'll tell you..I did it before I left for work this morning. WTF!!! Well sooner or later these 2 are going to have to work somewhere...Good luck trying to get them to do anyfuckingthing.

Problem is...best intentions aside the parents aren't doing them any favors. They have no idea what it is to be responsible or know the first thing about work ethic. If anything happens to their folks these two will be lost.

I'm really very fortunate my girls were born hungry. They expect as much out of everyone around them as they put into it.

We have a saying " Second is first...in a long line of losers" Which is our way of saying a half-hearted effort is NEVER good enough.

I want my girls to understand there is a direct correlation between working and eating. I figure the sooner you figure that out the better off you will be.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:47 am

Very nice, Ray! =D>

cring08
TFM-55

Post by cring08 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:36 am

Nice job! =D> =D> =D>
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Onkyo tx nr 545
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable
Polk Audio outdoor speakers wired to deck
Polk audio wired to pool table room

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:37 pm

When TheTerrorTwinz(tm) were either 4 or 5 Sherry took them with her to the store shopping. Arriving back to the house they emptied their pockets and put the candy they'd picked up on the shopping trip. Problem was they hadn't paid for it. Sherry promptly took them back to the store to return the candy and apologize to the store manager.

We did not want a repeat of this event So Sherry took them to the Sheriff's Dept. She explained to the Sheriff, who we knew, what had happened. They sent an officer out to talk to the girls. John was expecting older kids since he had met their older sister Jenn. He walked a fine line talking to them, being stern enough but not scaring them off should they need an officer. AFAIK it worked, they haven't repeated their foray into a 'life of crime'.

ray
Magnaryder

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:02 pm

Wonderful job Ray. Wish all children had the opportunity for parents to instill these values. The world would be a much better place.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”