that OTHER site

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
Shortcake
SILVER-7t

that OTHER site

Post by Shortcake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:54 pm

well now. I was kicked out of two sites loosely affiliated with this one several years ago, and today I get not one but two emails from the other site telling me I will get an email when I can re-register - not because they love me and want me back, but because it was a mass email to all there because they redesigning their site.

Hey, if you kick me off, how about remove my shit.

I am all about being social, but when you kick me out without a reason, except maybe you can't handle a female with an attitude??? - I got issues with you then emailing me because you forgot what you did in the first place. purge me and my info, how about it. Just a sure fire way to prove you ain't got your own shit together to have mine on deck.

Okay, rant over. and how is your day????
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Re: that OTHER site

Post by mbskeam » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm

ummm...
the "re-register" is to reactivate your old profile on the new site, nothing more. I think we may have to reset up our profiles and such, but the posts from the past should be there.
things posted after jan 18th may not be....

Hell, I didnt even know you were over there....LOL

my day is, I aint at work no more.... \:D/
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 pm

You didn't have to be anybody special 'several years ago' to get kicked off the other site; many were, often just for the unforgivable sin of not posting often enough. They had a big problem – ask Harry about that. But now the place is under new management, and the atmosphere is quite different. The forum is operating at reduced capability at the moment, but it is being moved to a new and far superior server any day now. Everybody who is on their member list is being told that they might need to re-join, though their old posts will be there waiting for them.

One of the symptoms of the inferiority of the old server was what you experienced when you got duplicate e-mails. Actually, you were lucky; more often I get four to eight simultaneous copies of messages from there. Hopefully all that will go away soon.

RR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am

Robert R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 pm
. But now the place is under new management, and the atmosphere is quite different.
RR
You'd think...but nah not so much. SSDD

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm

It's not perfect. But much like our government, I consider it to be a huge improvement over the last Administration!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm

My point is, if you kicked me off, take me off your damn member list and lose my email and other info. I don't need to reregister when I was kicked off and did not just leave. I know when I boot people, I delete everything - it is called organized enough to know if you took me there and I had to remove you, then I don't want you back. When you run a forum, that is an important thing to know.

If I were removed for not posting, then it is different, but I KNOW why I was removed even if they didn't give the reason because they didn't have the tits to speak up, and it wasn't for not posting.

Any who...Happy Valentine's Day.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

UncleMeat
TFM-6cb

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 pm

In case you didn't get the flyer, The War is Over! It has been for a few years! I wasn't here or at C! when whatever happened, happened; but I -think- the hatchet was buried and your account was restored (maybe un-deleted or restored long ago).

If you want your account deleted, contact Greg; I'm sure he can make that happen quickly, given other recent events. #-o :-({|= ](*,)

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 am

Shortcake wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm
My point is, if YOU kicked me off...

Any who...Happy Valentine's Day.

I'm not sure when you were kicked off, but there's a strong possibility that the person who booted you is no longer affiliated with the website. I'm not sure. So, that "You" might not be the same ""You".

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

what he said above...
did a little looking, I dont see that you were banned, sandboxed, or what ever you want to call it.

Your profile:
Name: shortcake Offline (Add as buddy)
Groups: Novice
Forum Rank: 1W Resistor
Location Tobyhanna, PA
Birthday Tuesday, March 31, :-$
AIM-Name: clktranscription

Greg took over on 5/23/2015, or there abouts.
the hub-bub (amp testing) was before this, Rich P was running things.

My point, you are still on the other site..... :lol:
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 pm

well Mikey, I guess she isnt happy unless she is bitching about something!! :lol: :lol: :-({|= :-" 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:21 pm

I got notification back then first when I attempted to sign on and then an email - no I don't save emails...perhaps with the upgrade or change in hierarchy they reactivated or removed or whatever, but again, once they kicked me out, they should have removed info...but I'd rather keep my boots here now anyway.

I don't care. It was annoying then because I get so many emails trying to get rid of what was up to 4 notifications from a site that chastised me...

I get it, unless it happens to you, it is all everyone else bitching. All good. Back to my Saturday programming. Be sure not to come here and have a momentary bitch party. Not allowed. I will take my BMW elsewhere - thanks

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”