Help Me Somebody, I gotta stop!!!

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
Keltonks

Help Me Somebody, I gotta stop!!!

Post by Keltonks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 am

I know, I know, I need help. But merely knowning that I need help is not enough!! Somebody out there has gotta have a cure!

A FOOL and his $$$$$$$ ........... $150.09 for a Sonic Holography calibration disc!!!!! Didn't think anyone else would be foolish/insane/crazy/desperate enough to bid $150.00 for a CD!!!. $50.00 maybe, but not $150.00!!! The guy who bid $150.00 didn't think there was anyone out ther who would be crazy enough to bid over $150.00. He was WRONG!! That extra $0.09 made all the difference, and what a difference. My wallet is crying and my back pocket is soaked.

But I will be rewarded in my KARMA.

Please check KARMA for further developments.

Just doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Cats and rats and elephants, and sure as you're born, you ain't gonna see no Unicorn. babble.... babble, incoherent mutterings. Later this week I'll be weaving baskets in the corner and twiddling my thumbs and toes with Napoleon XIII.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Help Me Somebody, I gotta stop!!!

Post by BillD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Shit, I would hav esold you mine for $149.99 :lol:
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:36 pm

I thought Toymaker had copies of that to give away. I don't think the vinyl version even brought that much $$. :-k Enjoy it ! :lol:

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 pm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Keltonks

Post by Keltonks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the support. From scanning the forum I realize that there are copies of the Holographic CD floating around, and I have read discussions as to which was the best type, burned this way or burned that way. Once I have an original in my hands then there will be more floating around. I already have two vinyl copies but no way to burn wax.

Keep an eye out and you'll see what I mean in the near future.

Just for the record, I didn't intend to spend as much as I did, I just bid fantastically high so that I would be sure to get an original, non-burned CD. It's just that some other SOB had the same idea as I did but his bid was $0.09 lower than mine. Probably somebody suffering from OCCD but just doesn't realize it. At least I know that I need help.

What goes 'round comes 'round. After bidding this morning a client called up and said he'd have a grand for me Thursday. I guess I can afford it. I will share the LOVE.

thuffman03
!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post by thuffman03 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

You have OCCD bad! :-({|=
Some cool Carver stuff!

Breaking Glass
M-400t CUBE

Post by Breaking Glass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm

You do know there is no cure for OCCD. You will purchase more and more equipment to try to satisfy your habit but it will never be enough. Next thing you know you will be trying to mutate sea bass and mount laser beams on there heads so you can take over the world and own every piece of carver equipment ever made.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Breaking Glass wrote:You do know there is no cure for OCCD. You will purchase more and more equipment to try to satisfy your habit but it will never be enough. Next thing you know you will be trying to mutate sea bass and mount laser beams on there heads so you can take over the world and own every piece of carver equipment ever made.
:lol: :lol: And yeah!! Keltonks is asking "us for help" with his OCCD? :lol: :lol: Now that's funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There NO HELP here!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hausdok

Post by hausdok » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't see it as a problem but getting my wife to understand.....
AAAAAAaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carver C-15v preamp, AV 505 amp, and c 9, MartinLogan Preface, Klipsch Kg 1.5
Velodyne sub, DBX 200, 1bx and 3bxII, SNR 1 and 120x Teac T-r 670 tuner, Sentrek shq4220b eq, Sonys 300 dvd and 50 cd changers 1 each, Magnavox ZV427MG9 dvd recorder. Not ALL Carver but a fully functional system.

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 pm

guess I got it now to.....

I now have three Sunfire pieces and a 490t coming my way....
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 am

nooshinjohn wrote:guess I got it now to.....

I now have three Sunfire pieces and a 490t coming my way....
I am getting better! I just sold "2" pieces of carver equipment and only replaced one of them with a sunfire! That put me -1 and I am about to sell a pair of ALS III's to get some cash for a 400 x 5 so 2 speakers / one amp! all said and done "4" pieces gone only "2" coming in... :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:21 am

Actually, Sunfires have a 2 to 1 effect on OCCD because of their price. So you're even
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:01 am

BillD wrote:Actually, Sunfires have a 2 to 1 effect on OCCD because of their price. So you're even
Well color me green and kick me in the nutts if that an't true - I think your right! OH SH!T and today I think I found a 490t I want!!! :? Im even looking at another Sunfire pre being I have a extra Sunfire amp thats perfect for my DOOR RIBBON'S,,,
3 Full systems 1) five channel 2) two channel "9" Carver Speakers and some Door speakers -- auh auh I gotta go....
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 am

BillD wrote:Actually, Sunfires have a 2 to 1 effect on OCCD because of their price. So you're even
At least~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

edriz
M-400t CUBE

Post by edriz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:18 am

There is no cure...I guess we all can agree on that but you can be put into remission. You need spiritual guidance. [-o< What you need to do is delete all links to all auction sites. If you even think of looking at one do this immediately ](*,) and repeatedly and repeat to youself, I will not click this link. [-X Turn away from you computer and go quickly to your stereo, turn it on and grab you favorite music on whatever source you prefer and play it loud, sit in your favorite chair and just do what you should be doing and what the "MAN" himself,His Royalness Mr. Bob Carver, has been preaching to us for all these soooo many years. "Enjoy The Music" \:D/
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”