OCCD mixed with OSCD

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

OCCD mixed with OSCD

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:19 am

OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder
OSCD = obsessive sunfire collecting disorder

I was sitting here thinking :-k (Danger) and got a chill down my spine spinning in my head and my TOE's locked up :shock: (AGAIN) and no RX helps! :?

3 short Years ago I owned (2) Carver M500t's (1) Carver C-1 Pre-amp & Carver "Platinum speakers" and a carver CD that was a single disk player, :-" I owned this stuff since the 80's and was very - VERY HAPPY!!! AND THEN I sold the amps to gain (m o r e p o w e r) I dont know why? Maybe I wanted to be like MACHO MAN or something but I
got (2) 1.5t's and then I sold my C-1 to try the C-2 and gain the big nobb's that were silver over the black little ones from
my old C-1 and being I had SH in my speaker control box I lost nothing and I also sold my single CD player for the Carver
mulit Disk player and now The Carver Multi Disk is all I have left!!!!! ](*,)

In the last week I got TWO PAIRS OF AL III's and a extra one :-s The thing is I already had a pair so now I have
THREE PAIRS that' [7] AL III's plus my PLATINUM'S [9] 4 Pairs of carver speakers and still a extra.

I then sold all my Carver stuff for sunfire stuff and got TWO Sunfire Theater Grand 1's / TWO Cinema Grand amplifire's
that is (4) new pieces of sunfire stuff I got in the last four months!!! [-X Plus the speakers!!!

AM I CRAZY????

OH SH!T I "forgot",,, :shock: the sunfire subwoofer! Audio stands, 10 XLR cables and speaker cables and electronic crossovers renting Vans and driving hours to pick up stuff ect...

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
I need to find a good condition Sunfire Theater Grand IV....

OCCD & OSCD
Bob Carver Cherry 180's
Sunfire Classic Tube Pre
Jolida JD100 Tube CD Player
Sunfire 3C used as pair
12" Sunfire Sub
Silver coated copper Wires.
Kings Chair of the Gods..

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: OCCD mixed with OSCD

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:58 am

There is no real cure for OCCD, or your new found strain OSCD..
No matter how hard you try, you will continue to upgrade like a mad man.

There is however, some relief for the panic, and worry your OCCD is causing.
Take 2 of these per day, and you will be back on track, and OCCD will be your friend once again.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 am

Scarabeo wrote:OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder

I was sitting here thinking :-k (Danger) and got a chill down my spine spinning in my head and my TOE's locked up :shock: (AGAIN) and no RX helps! :?

3 short Years ago I owned (2) Carver M500t's (1) Carver C-1 Pre-amp & Carver "Platinum speakers" and a carver CD that was a single disk player, :-" I owned this stuff since the 80's and was very - VERY HAPPY!!! AND THEN I sold the amps to gain (m o r e p o w e r) I dont know why? Maybe I wanted to be like MACHO MAN or something but I
got (2) 1.5t's and then I sold my C-1 to try the C-2 and gain the big nobb's that were silver over the black little ones from
my old C-1 and being I had SH in my speaker control box I lost nothing and I also sold my single CD player for the Carver

In the last week I got TWO PAIRS OF AL III's and a extra one :-s The thing is I already had a pair so now I have
THREE PAIRS that' [7] AL III's plus my PLATINUM'S [9] 4 Pairs of carver speakers and still a extra.

I then sold all my Carver stuff for sunfire stuff and got TWO Sunfire Theater Grand 1's / TWO Cinema Grand amplifire's
that is (4) new pieces of sunfire stuff I got in the last four months!!! [-X Plus the speakers!!!

AM I CRAZY????

OH SH!T I "forgot",,, :shock: the sunfire subwoofer! Audio stands, 10 XLR cables and speaker cables and electronic crossovers renting Vans and driving hours to pick up stuff ect...

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

OCCD & OSCD
OK, I admit it; you've got me beat~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 pm

WTF! You don't have a problem Scarabeo! And maybe others feel as I do reading your post. My life sucks! and I wish I was YOU!! You lucky bastard!! Hey James, I need that pill > where can I get some of that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 am

You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am

gdb wrote:You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:
Very Good Point gdb!!!! \:D/

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 pm

gdb wrote:You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:
Very True, However I had Platinums since new - Then a few years ago I got the ALS III's (Still got both) Then I went out and got two more pairs of Carver speakers so what I have is OCCD of speakers!!! OCSCD is my illment,,,,I have a new Disorder that means :-k
Bob Carver Cherry 180's
Sunfire Classic Tube Pre
Sunfire 3C used as pair
12" Sunfire Sub

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:15 am

Scarabeo wrote:OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder

AM I CRAZY????

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

OCCD & OSCD

so, maybe i can help you remove a al-III spekaer that is just taking up some space....it wants a new home i tell you. it told me so.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 am

Toy Maker wrote:There is no real cure for OCCD, or your new found strain OSCD..
No matter how hard you try, you will continue to upgrade like a mad man.

I was on 2 a day now I am at 6!!! Still I buy more and I have Tube Fever - I am hotter then the tubes! More better cables and audio racks and spare tubes and.......I don't even have a JOB right now :shock:
OK got that off my chest now I am off to AudioGon shopping \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Bob Carver Cherry 180's
Sunfire Classic Tube Pre
Sunfire 3C used as pair
12" Sunfire Sub

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”