REVIEWS

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

REVIEWS

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Saw a post early on today about Caver Reviews, but it is gone now.

I agree that the thread should be clean and just reviews with questions elsewhere.
Does that mean the first to post a review seals the deal, or can others post a different review if they don't ask questions.

I think multiple reviews might be good. Delete any that in anyway refference an earlier review.

I say this because I was just looking up some of my stuff there and saw where a first review claimed "muddy bass", and a reply disagreed. I have a couple pieces not yet listed. If I did a review of them, it would be an honest effort, but being honest, I don't think my first review should close the door. Everybody understands I learn everyday reading here, but have a ways to go. I could do like a few of the "reviews" there and just paste up what some idiot on cnet or Polk put up.

Everybody can Google and find those. I think good rules would be to allow only personal reviews. More than one should be allowed as the first to review might be wrong or lacking.

Just delete any post that makes reference to any other review.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Re: REVIEWS

Post by treitz3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:09 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Saw a post early on today about Caver Reviews, but it is gone now.
Do you know where it was posted and what they were reviewing? Posts are very, very rarely deleted in this forum. Could it possibly be that it is still there, just under another topic or something?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 pm

clicked on "active topics" and it was from Toy. A post under was selling timberline.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Not really understanding what you are saying here OO...

Post by treitz3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Was it SPAM that was deleted? Now I'm confused.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: Not really understanding what you are saying here OO...

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 pm

treitz3 wrote:Was it SPAM that was deleted? Now I'm confused.

Let us not let SPAM send us into panic. :lol:

Back to the main thread, what are your opinions there.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 am

The reviews section is set up so anyone who is a member may post one. The only rules are to place them in the proper section (Sunfire/Carver, speakers, amps, etc.) and only the original reviewer posts in THAT THREAD. New threads are opened for each review. The rules aren't always followed, though; kinda like life~

If there was a review, it's still there. It was brought to the top of the heap because the SPAMMER posted there. Go to the Review section:

viewforum.php?f=86
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”