AUDIO HELP NEEDED

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

AUDIO HELP NEEDED

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Let's try to help each other in the new year
There are great audio minds here and the experience is off the chart.

All crap aside, let's help ME first. \:D/

Thanks to all here, if my Bride knew how much I spent on audio last year, she would take the cheap route and hire a hitman.

This year, can't buy big. Still want to tweak as that is the hobby.

Below is my system. My audio room is a 6X12 extension "I" built onto my deck (has a roof but no walls)
I am careful not to add anything that compromises my view.
As to cables, not sold on better than solid construction and all mine are from Blue Jeans.

I did run in two separate power lines, and put in a nice conditioner/battery back up system. (again, not sold on electrics beyond what your house is wired with)

I don't have a typical outdoor system as those are to light up the yard as girls get drunk and dance naked. Well, living at the lake I have that too, just can't find those girls.
My system is all geared toward my chair. I sit in my chair and watch the lake and all the birds I lure in with free food and shelter.
That might not appeal to you, but as you get older, simple things are fun.

All sounds OK here, but a year with no tweaking would be no fun.

So, lets tweak me first, then we can do you. 8)

OO

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Audio improvement suggestion...

Post by treitz3 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Get rid of any side walls that are to the L & R of each respective speaker if possible. Your sound stage will increase beyond what you never thought possible.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: AUDIO HELP NEEDED

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Maybe a Blow-up-Doll bird feeder would add your viewing pleasure :D

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Hey had another though. It sounds like you sit around a lot outside in your chair. That could get uncomfortable after awhile, maybe try these butt pads > http://www.bottomsup.ca/forMen.htm

I could of just edited my last post, but this just gives me "another" post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: Audio improvement suggestion...

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:53 pm

treitz3 wrote:Get rid of any side walls that are to the L & R of each respective speaker if possible. Your sound stage will increase beyond what you never thought possible.

funny, but no sound reflection is a plus and a minus

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Maybe a Blow-up-Doll bird feeder would add your viewing pleasure :D
OO wrote: So, lets tweak me first, then we can do you. 8)
No tweaking for me thank you very much - I already had one Heart Attack!!! :rolleyes:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Hey had another though. It sounds like you sit around a lot outside in your chair. That could get uncomfortable after awhile, maybe try these butt pads > http://www.bottomsup.ca/forMen.htm

I could of just edited my last post, but this just gives me "another" post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, but now I am "SILVER 7T - what is it they call you ?

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Hey had another though. It sounds like you sit around a lot outside in your chair. That could get uncomfortable after awhile, maybe try these butt pads > http://www.bottomsup.ca/forMen.htm
Wow, if you buy one pair the other is FREE, Better Hurry!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Congrats on your Silver 7t status!!!! :D :D I take turns from tweaking my stereo to exploring different types of music. I'm always looking for new sounds as it can be as satisfying to me as an equipment upgrade. I just ordered a couple of ELO cds after watching the youtube clip "Showdown" and have watched several others as well.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:54 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Get rid of any side walls that are to the L & R of each respective speaker if possible. Your sound stage will increase beyond what you never thought possible.
True that but have you tried it?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:03 pm

treitz3 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:

Sorry, thought you were just slamming me again. I see your name and get defensive. I apologize.

Being outside, I have no walls.
I do try to aim my speakers at me.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 pm

jjptkd wrote: I just ordered a couple of ELO cds after watching the youtube clip "Showdown" and have watched several others as well.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:D

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:51 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Sorry, thought you were just slamming me again. I see your name and get defensive. I apologize.
I'm not a troll and I'm not one of "those guys". Apology accepted. I never felt as if I was slamming you as I chat with you as I do everybody else on this forum. I have no reservation talking to someone who is genuinely interested in audio, so long as they are genuine about audio.

In the spirit of Christmas, I replied to your post about audio. I have had my own audio journey [which has taken many conventional and unconventional paths] and I have enjoyed most of it. I am willing to share that journey so long as we talk about audio, as I don't quite get your humor/posts.....but that's just me. Others here on this forum respect and understand where you are coming from and I'm down with that. The only thing I request is that you and I talk about audio and nothing else, for that is the one thing we both have a passion for and the one thing we both love.

That said, enjoy the music.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 am

treitz3 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:
Kind of difficult as his speakers are located on the roof joists~

Show some pics, Bill...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 am

Show some pics, Bill...
...Yea!!! Show em the "Birdsnest"!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”