CARVERaudio.com 2.0 The rebirth of a website

Upcoming changes to be made to the forum
kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: CARVERaudio.com 2.0 The rebirth of a website

Post by kingman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Another great addition to the Carveraudio family. =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Anyone that wants larger text in their web browsers, go to your VIEW tab in your browser... you can ZOOM IN, in most browsers.
It will make EVERYTHING larger for you, and you can always change it back any time you want.
That works.
On a PC you can also just hold down "ctrl" and scroll.
On the other hand, why can't it just be the same size as the blue version?
I'll make the font larger if you wish. I have to see what the original size was. Zooming in from the browser can break things in the layout.

/EDIT: Changed it. On the old theme, it was the same font size, 10px, except it was in %. Personally, I don't see any difference. Duuhhhh...
Last edited by TDT on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 am

frankieD wrote:As far as the black screen goes....it sucks. I changed mine back immediatly.

As far as the rest of the new features...what are they?

Don't misunderstand me. The Forum is beyond fine just as it is but I didn't notice anything else changed beside the dark screen (which I didn't care for).

Just my .02
If you don't like the dark theme, you can switch back to the old version via Control Panel - Board preferences.
About the new features, there are none on the forum (yet), because James told me that people don't like radical changes. He was talking about the new website. The forum is the way it always was, except for the new design that was made for the main site integration. :)

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Welcome to the forum TDT.

Post by treitz3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 pm

frankieD wrote: The Forum is beyond fine just as it is but I didn't notice anything else changed beside the dark screen.
Some of the sections have been removed because they have been linked in a different way within the new webpage. Like I said, most here wouldn't have even noticed it.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:16 pm

TDT wrote:
frankieD wrote:As far as the black screen goes....it sucks. I changed mine back immediatly.

As far as the rest of the new features...what are they?

Don't misunderstand me. The Forum is beyond fine just as it is but I didn't notice anything else changed beside the dark screen (which I didn't care for).

Just my .02
If you don't like the dark theme, you can switch back to the old version via Control Panel - Board preferences.
About the new features, there are none on the forum (yet), because James told me that people don't like radical changes. He was talking about the new website. The forum is the way it always was, except for the new design that was made for the main site integration. :)

Thanks TDT, I checked it out as per Tom & it looks great.

Again, thanks for the work.

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Some updates:

The store link is up. There are still some minor issues with the PayPal express checkout and the UPS shipping, but I'll fix them asap.

I've also added something else for you: a Texas Hold'em game. 8-[ It's on the main page, under the Home menu item. For now, only the site's registered users can play, but I'll bridge the forum to the site soon and all the forum members will have site membership too. I'll update this thread and let you know about future changes. :)

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Looks GREAT ! Do I need to update the links on my web site or will they be alright ?
It would be nice if we all worked together and cross promoted each other !

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:Looks GREAT ! Do I need to update the links on my web site or will they be alright ?
It would be nice if we all worked together and cross promoted each other !
From what I'm seeing, you only need to update the forum URL, but not now, after I integrate it into the new site. I'll let you know.

UPDATE: I've added a small shoutbox to the site, you can find it under the Forum menu link. It updates in real time, so you don't have to refresh the page to see the messages. This is for those of you that need a quick chat solution and don't want to use the old PM way. :) Please post your feedback on the dedicated topic.

Return to “(( Site & Forum Updates ))”