Feedback

Upcoming changes to be made to the forum
TDT
Firestarter

Feedback

Post by TDT » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:58 am

Hi guys. I made this topic because I want to have each of your comments or ideas, about the new site and this forum, right here. There are lots of changes, some visible and some not, and some of you want different things, have different opinions, etc.

So please post here:
  • - your comments on the new site
    - your comments on the forum's dark theme
    - what features you want added or removed from the forum
    - what features you want added or removed from the main site
I'll read and answer to each and every comment, and if it's doable, I'll do it asap.

Thank you. :)

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Feedback

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:50 am

like the fact that i can just upload pics with out having to resize--I'm using the "regular' theme for the forum--the main page with the vid's etc-is very very good,,saves alot of time searching.Thanks for the hard work. =D>

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:58 am

Zoot Horn wrote:like the fact that i can just upload pics with out having to resize--I'm using the "regular' theme for the forum--the main page with the vid's etc-is very very good,,saves alot of time searching.Thanks for the hard work. =D>
You're welcome. :)

Update: I've added a new section on the main site, "CarverFest Galleries". I'll upload here all the photos from each CF edition. So far there's 2007, 2008 and 2010, but he gallery will be updated as I get the images from James.

And yes, I know there's a lot of images on one page, but I'll add the pagination and set the gallery to about 50 images per page.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:56 am

All the CF pics were already here under the CarverFest section....?
Last edited by TNRabbit on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:38 am

TNRabbit wrote:All the CF pics were already here under the CarverFest section....?
Well, James wanted a Gallery section, so... :rolleyes:

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:58 am

just keep site able to load as fast as the old one, some web sites just plain suck when it comes to this.
not all of us have high speed internet, think dial up..... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

also just curious as to how you kept the same web name for the address to the new site?
the only thing I see is the caps in CarverAudio.com and not on the new site...
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 pm

New front page looks good...have not explored much yet tho. Personally don't like the dark motif, but as long as I can still revert it back to the old forum format, I don't mind. But the basic new set=up looks like an improvement.
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

I've wanted this one for years......

Post by treitz3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Yeah, you can do something for me. Whenever someone quotes the entire post of somebody who just rambled on for 3 pages worth of typing followed by 15 pictures larger than the screen itself to only post 4 words them self, could you set it up to where the signal automatically gets sent to activate the mechanical boot underneath the posters desk?

Thanks, man.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Re: I've wanted this one for years......

Post by frankieD » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm

treitz3 wrote:Yeah, you can do something for me. Whenever someone quotes the entire post of somebody who just rambled on for 3 pages worth of typing followed by 15 pictures larger than the screen itself to only post 4 words them self, could you set it up to where the signal automatically gets sent to activate the mechanical boot underneath the posters desk?

Thanks, man.
I do that.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Fantastic.

Post by treitz3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

I'll be sure to order an size 17DDD steel toed boot, just for you then.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

TDT
Firestarter

Post by TDT » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 pm

mbskeam wrote: also just curious as to how you kept the same web name for the address to the new site?
the only thing I see is the caps in CarverAudio.com and not on the new site...
Not sure what you mean here... :-k
elgrau wrote:New front page looks good...have not explored much yet tho. Personally don't like the dark motif, but as long as I can still revert it back to the old forum format, I don't mind. But the basic new set=up looks like an improvement.
Thank you. I'm thinking about adding a light theme to the site as well, so you can switch there too if you wish.
treitz3 wrote:Yeah, you can do something for me. Whenever someone quotes the entire post of somebody who just rambled on for 3 pages worth of typing followed by 15 pictures larger than the screen itself to only post 4 words them self, could you set it up to where the signal automatically gets sent to activate the mechanical boot underneath the posters desk?

Thanks, man.
:lol: There's a way to "snip" the quoted text if it's larger than x characters and also removes the quoted images, showing just a "snipped image" text. If this would be something many of you want, I'll add it to the forum.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

No, thanks.

Post by treitz3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Naw, I appreciate it. The auto snip may cut off what the original poster may say [that has relevance to the topic/comment answered/replied to] and sometimes the poster answer the question within the post. It's annoying but not as annoying as trying to rebuild and/or decipher what the member was trying to answer or comment about to begin with.

A good example would be 3 pages worth of typing that was quoted and the question that was answered would be lost somewhere on page two. With the auto snip, I would imagine that it would take too long to go back to the original post and figure out what the hell the question was to begin with [let alone find the original post].......One would think that you could figure out the question just based on the answer but with some of these cats? I dunno, man. Sometimes it's easier to try and figure out why most Orientals don't have a beard, if you know what I mean.

Hey, I do have a suggestion though that may help. On the V.Bulletin boards, they have a "post" number, if you will that are all numbered sequentially and displayed somewhere on the individual posts. Is there any way to do that here without redoing the whole damned thing? Reason I ask, is it makes it easier sometimes to reference a certain thread, post# [whatever] in conversations. If it's a pain, don't worry about it but if it can be done? It'll help. Especially in the planning of Carverfest.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Just spotted this, TDT

Post by treitz3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Tom... to link to a POST... Right click on the post link, and COPY It gives you the post # (142793) I don't want to look at every post number throughout the forum

viewtopic.php?p=142793#p142793
Attachments
tom2.jpg
tom2.jpg (399.52 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Arrgh!

Post by treitz3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

James, I was able to link your post when I hit the highlighted dots but the only thing I could link from that point on is the link referenced in your post. I couldn't link another post on another thread.

Teach me how to do this, please. This is all I'm able to link, no matter how many times I hit the highlighted dots on posts on other threads....or this thread for that matter. I'm doing something wrong, apparently.

Return to “(( Site & Forum Updates ))”