Post by Toy Maker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:28 pm

DaveS wrote:I like this one. http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/BlackDiamond
Fkn' bat !!!

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: TeStInG

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:45 pm

treitz3 wrote:I like that one as well, for what it's worth. Much easier on the eyes.
Agreed.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 pm

agree

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Both Black Diamond and Melancolia are much easier on my eyes and make the new content far more visible
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:02 pm

DaveS wrote:I like this one. http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/BlackDiamond
Me three.

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post by maddmaxxx » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:41 pm

-like either one [sir daves's or the toymaker's picks]

-that darker background is easy on the eyes
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

MaddHouseMouse
Newbie 50+

Post by MaddHouseMouse » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I can attest to the comment that /mx made and I can see how this current display might be best for him {visually}
Keeping the MaddMan in check.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:02 pm

MaddHouseMouse, I'm also having problems with my eyesight that keeps getting poorer and poorer as the years progress and those dark backgrouonds are far easier for me to focus on and see, especially Melancolia whihc really makes the new stuff stand out. So, if it works for Sir Maxxx, it should work for me too.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm with the others, http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/BlackDiamond gets my vote.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Toy Maker Admin
Site Admin

Post by Toy Maker Admin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 am

this looks horrible !!!!!!!!!!

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post by maddmaxxx » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:19 am

-the toymaker wrote; this looks horrible !!!!!!!!!!

-*the black background ?...ultra kuul...and easy on the eyes :-"
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 am

This is GREAT!!!

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 am

Max, the bird looks much better. :)

Make America Great Again

Dreamer
SILVER-7t

Post by Dreamer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:52 am

I much preferred the white background. It's more "natural", like reading a newspaper or magazine. Although the current black-background color scheme is interesting and eye-catching, I find it hard to read and a little on the "too clever by half" side.

As a graphic designer with 20 years experience, a printer, and a typographer, I have a strong bias against most of the "modern" trends in web design. Many of the folks doing design for the Web (and in print these days too) have no background in the history and psychology of "readability", and try to use color combinations that violate most of the established concepts in optical research and the psychology of legibility, for the sake of looking "different" or "new". The whole point of printed material (on screen, on paper, or even on billboards for that matter) is that the information is EASY to read. If your reader has to struggle against the design in order to glean the information, he/she will probably just give up and go somewhere else for their information.

Printed information is NOT fine art, at least from a visual POV. The important thing in printed information (and by "printed", I am including on-screen) is the easy gleaning of information. Leave the concept of "challenging the viewer" to the web pages that are focusing on fine art. An information-rich site like the Carver forum, which often has large blocks of small, dense type, should be easy to read. And to most humans, that means dark text on light backgrounds.

If this web site's main demographic were nocturnal predators like cats or hawks then small, light text on a black background would be preferable, but human eyes are actually designed to function best in medium-contrast situations. White on black is quite possibly the WORST scheme when it comes to the perceptive physiology of the human eye, not to mention 6 centuries of socialization with regards to the reading of printed materials...

I'm not trying to "dis" your skills as a webmaster--you are a rock-solid hacker, bro. The service you provide on this site with your technical skills are infinitely appreciated! But when it comes to design, this current color scheme is not only unconventional, it is downright unacceptable as a method of displaying dense, small-size text.

Maxx, I understand that for you, this color scheme may be easier to read, but please understand that it is VERY difficult for most people to read this sort of setup. If there is some sort of "middle ground" compromise we could come to as far as color schemes, I'd be all for that, but white text on black background is, for most people, very difficult to read for extended periods of time. Although some other folks here have stated that they think this looks cool, I'd wager that after a week of reading this site with this current color scheme, the general consensus would change...

It doesn't have to be black on white. It could be dark blue or green text on white, cream, or tan background. Just a thought...

But PLEASE change it back to a light background with dark text.
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 am

I disagree. This is much. much easier on the eyes as many others have also stated.

Make America Great Again

Return to “(( Site & Forum Updates ))”