FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 am

Glad to have found you!

<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Glad to have found you!

Hi all, new to the site,been having my Carver gear for a long time, thanks to this group my amp and pre have been sent to Bob and Rita for a long due referb and the famous signature! My old gear never sounded so nice!!! Who knew there was a great event like Carverfest, my honey and I will certainly be attending next year. Im from down in Louisiana and our culture of food and great local music feels so nice when experanced with nice sounding vintage gear and good southern hospitality. If any of yall ever get down this way, give me a shout and i can assure we will 'pass a good time"!
P.S. we are not all as backwoods ignorant as tv would like you to believe!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Glad to have found you!

howdy...

so do ya fix planes?
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 pm

jetdoctor wrote:P.S. we are not all as backwoods ignorant as tv would like you to believe!

Joining this motley crew is not exactly the best way to demonstrate the above statement... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then again, you might just fit right in. 8) :D 8)

Welcome aboard! The guys are great here, and no matter where you meet someone from this place, the beer is always cold and plentiful! 8)
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Yes, I am an aircraft mechanic for a corporate flight department in Baton Rouge.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Welcome!!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm

jetdoctor wrote:Yes, I am an aircraft mechanic for a corporate flight department in Baton Rouge.

Corporate jets is a great gig as I recall. Much better than working at the airlines. I wrenched Hornets for a while, and man I miss the smell of full afterburners in the morning!
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks guys, been reading here a few months,lots of great info and I do appreciate a few good cold beers myself! I must confess i am the owner of a pair of nameless 901 speakers that, untill I came accross this site,thought sounded pretty good. Dont hold that against me, now im shopping for replacements!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:30 pm

You are right John, the corporate jet gig is much more relaxed and working in an airconditioned and heated hangar will spoil you in our climate!
Nothing like the smell od JetA in the morning. The F18 is a nice aircraft, how long you been out?
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm

jetdoctor wrote:You are right John, the corporate jet gig is much more relaxed and working in an airconditioned and heated hangar will spoil you in our climate!
Nothing like the smell od JetA in the morning. The F18 is a nice aircraft, how long you been out?

since 1989. My birds were the alpha's and it's wierd but you really do form attachments of sorts to them, almost like they are a pet or something. When I see one at an airshow, I still like to scratch 'em on the belly and say "good girl"...
<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Boy I totaly understand that! If you dont love um and treat um right people get hurt!
<<

jetdoctor

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm

So guys any suggestions for speakers that my dual tfm35"s might like without breaking the bank? Size isnt a huge issuse and looking for nice sound at less than ear spliting levels. I dont mind doing some referb work on them, part of the hobby I enjoy. I am no audiophile, I have been with 901's for a long time!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

I am digging Magnepan right now, but a nice set of Carver ALIII's would be nice too.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 pm

What kind of price range are you looking at for speakers?

...& WELCOME~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:46 am

Welcome jetdoctor!!!! =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"