FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:45 pm

M 1.5t and connecting to a stereo reciever with no inputs

<<

jefftkac

Post Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm

M 1.5t and connecting to a stereo reciever with no inputs

Hello All,
I have recently purchased a Carver M 1.5 t Amplifier and I need to hook up to a newer normal Onkyo stereo receiver /amplifier and obviously I want to use the 1.5 as the obvious power source and unsure how to connect. Obviously the newer equipment is either arrogant and marginal enough to not think it needs clean power, or I am out of options. Can someone tell me how to connect to use this awesome Carver product. If I am unable please advise the proper preamp to use to make my world of clean bright power. Thank you and pardon any lack of knowledge, I have raising children the last 10 years and now entering mid life crises wanting to return to what is rightfully mine, my time! Thanks,
Jeff
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: M 1.5t and connecting to a stereo reciever with no input

Welcome to the forum !!

Look for a set of outputs on the Onkyo labeled "PRE-OUT" and connect these to the 1.5.

If you need a separate pre-amp the Carver C-1 is an excellent choice and relativle inexpensive & turns up on ebay often.

Good Luck.
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: M 1.5t and connecting to a stereo reciever with no input

Welcome to the forum! Does the Onkyo have pre out and main in jacks in the back if so you would use the pre out jacks to feed into the input of the M1.5T. This would allow you to use the volume and tone controls that are present on the Onkyo. A pic of the back of the onkyo might be helpful if you have a camera.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Return to "The Welcome Mat"