FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 pm

HELP LIGHTSTAR

<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Dave, scroll up to TFM75s comment on Dreamer's solution which I also came up with while I was editing my response. You only need the MCT if you have a MC cartridge.

Preamp = box with knobs and switches
Phono Preamp = circuit that amplifies the phono cartridge and equalizes it to RIAA specs. Can be internal or external for pre-amps not equipped with a phono stage like your Lightstar
Pre-pre-preamp or MCT = 10db step up device ONLY needed for Low Output MC cartridges
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Now that James Van Dyke put quieter op amps in my C-4000 phono section, I use it as my phono input to my Sunfire (rather than the Sunfire's). I also use the C-4000 as a can amp. It also takes the output from my computer through an external DAC.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm

I use the phono stage from either my C-1 or C-19 for vinyl. The tape output feeds Lightstar, and all is right in Ray's TT world 8) The tape loop on the C-19 is gain and tone free if used in the by-pass mode.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:03 pm

-the ONLY time i've needed TT 'blk boxes' are w/MC carts[the hi output ones too]

-never yeti, w/MM carts

-heard that some recievers[amp, tuner, pre= combined], had 'falsified' phono inputs[read manual]
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
Previous

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)