FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:18 am

LIGHTSTAR DIRECT PREAMP VALUE?

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: LIGHTSTAR DIRECT PREAMP VALUE?

I'm hoping so, got my fingers crossed !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Get out of here Ray... Wern't you black-balled a while ago ?!?! :lol:

Probably, but I have a bad habit of not giving a fu(k. Can't believe you're still allowed here bee-atch.

bwaaahahahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 pm

If it were up to popular opinion, I probably wouldn't be
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again, I don't give a fuk either :roll:

Someone has to be the bad guy... If not, how could the rest look good ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:26 am

ROTFLOL
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 am

This you ?!?!
http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/107845.aspx

The pix you just added to the 1st page are of Ray's setup... seen his pix before.
He has the "other" Lightstar amp... I like to call it Cyclops... Lightstar Ref. 2
All the ones we have are the original Lightstar Referance
The LS-1 amp is a true Monoblock amp with 2 transformers, the LS-2 shares a single transformer.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:03 am

Yes I bought this pre from Whell. I posted those pics after I ran accross them doing a search online and thought it would be cool to look at if someone came accross this thread and didndt know what it looks like. I was wondering how long it would take before someone recognized those pics. I knew they had to be from a carver forum member, no one collects that much carver gear without being a member here. Thanks Ray for the great pics. \:D/

REGARDS SNOW
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:55 am

That thing sold in 29 mins!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 am

DaveS wrote:That thing sold in 29 mins!!!!

Yes it seemed like it took forever for him to respond back. :lol:

REGARDS SNOW
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:17 am

Congrats snow. Yes I am jealous.
engtaz

C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:18 am

DaveS wrote:That thing sold in 29 mins!!!!

That's about the same time your preamp was on eBay wasn't it ?? :-$

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am

engtaz wrote:Congrats snow. Yes I am jealous.

Thanks Roy. No need to be envious, if I ever decide to sell this I will give you a heads up before I post it for sale on the forum. I cant think of it going to a more deserving fellow or a nicer guy.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:30 am

Thanks you for your thoughts. Can you make it to Carverfest? You could stay at my cabin.
engtaz

<<

whell

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, Snow, you're going to enjoy this when you get it. And I'm going to miss the hell out of it. It really is the best sounding thing to happen to my system in a long time.

I've got a couple amps that I really like too - pair of NuForce 9 ver 2 monoblocks - that sounded fantastic with it. Those will likely have to go shortly as well. The good news is that I picked up a Carver pro amp that will serve as my main amp while I get back on my financial feet. The preamp will be an old McCormack pre, so I'll fall off a bit in sound quality but not too much.

If you ever decide to sell it (you're crazy!), but let me know. I'd love to get it back in my system one day. [-o<
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm

engtaz wrote:Thanks you for your thoughts. Can you make it to Carverfest? You could stay at my cabin.

Thanks for the offer Roy. I cant make it. I would love to meet you guys and put faces to names. Hopefully there will be plenty of pics taken though of this event and posted on the forum.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:36 pm

whell wrote:Well, Snow, you're going to enjoy this when you get it. And I'm going to miss the hell out of it. It really is the best sounding thing to happen to my system in a long time.

I've got a couple amps that I really like too - pair of NuForce 9 ver 2 monoblocks - that sounded fantastic with it. Those will likely have to go shortly as well. The good news is that I picked up a Carver pro amp that will serve as my main amp while I get back on my financial feet. The preamp will be an old McCormack pre, so I'll fall off a bit in sound quality but not too much.

If you ever decide to sell it (you're crazy!), but let me know. I'd love to get it back in my system one day. [-o<
Thanks Whell. Those nuforce amps are supposed to sound pretty good. I rarely resell things when I get them but you never know, it seems that the last year or so I have been moving stuff in and out even though most things stay in.

For me its more the idea of owning a piece of carver history than actually needing another preamp even though I know I will enjoy it.

REGARDS SNOW
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)