It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Ground Loop

<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Ground Loop

I have also seen thorny hum problems solved this way:

Pull the power meter off. Inside, the neutral I am told, should run straight through to the panel. It should be in one peice, not clamped together. I have personally witnessed the corrosion that builds up under the clamp, but when cleaned to a shine and clamped again the hum went away.

I have also seen corroded connections at the weatherhead cause hum problems. Especially in older homes with aerial power, these connections were simply taped and after years in the elements the corrosion built up. Your local power company should be responsible for everything up to and including the meter, so have them check these points if it comes to that.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Ground Loop

weitrhino penned....Bob Carver/Tim DeParavicini hand built 180 watt tube monoblocks M500 M500t C-9 AV-634 (2)

I'm SO jealous of those tube amps

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
Previous

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)