FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:57 pm

[[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: [[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

EndersShadow wrote:Tom, shoot me the next guys addy so I can get this out tomorrow along with a package to MHRP.

Hey Tom though you might have lost this in the mix.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 am

Who's up next?

jjptkd would be next but he hasn't sent any of his information yet. Hold on to the PC for a stint, if you don't mind, and we'll wait for him to chime in. In the meantime, is there any of our brothers up in Canada that would like to try out this roadshow? If so, speak up soon or we will consider this roadshow a done deal and return the PC to its rightful owner.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Who's up next?

treitz3 wrote:Hold on to the PC for a stint, if you don't mind, and we'll wait for him to chime in.

Can do.

Maybe the TFM-35 I am getting \:D/ \:D/ will have a IEC plug already [-o< [-o<
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:55 am

Tom, what does a PC like this cost? And tell whoever owns it thanks for letting us play.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

As for who owns it? I'll let him or her decide if they would like to expose them self. That's not up to me but I can assure you that he or she is and has been watching this thread. So that said, you already have thanked that member. As for the cost? You'll have to look that up on PS Audio's website or perhaps another sales representative of that product. I have the same exact cord and if memory serves me correctly, I bought mine for somewhere around $85 plus shipping about 4 or 5 years ago.

Most of my PC's [at first] were purchased used over at the Polk Forum. My first PC was purchased from a Hi-Fi shop here in Charlotte [now closed down] after a private demonstration on a system he had to where he introduced a PC successively on an amplifier first, CD player second, then the pre-amplifier and then he took all of the upgraded PC's out and let me listen to the stock PC's again. During which time, he never adjusted anything or swapped anything else....just the PC's.

It was an enlightening and educational experience for me. Since then and with many PC's in and out of the rig, I now know what a PC *can* do for a system which helps me to determine what PC I choose for individual applications within my own rig. I have some that retail for over a grand and some I bought used for less than $100.00. The one thing that I have learned that I do not mind sharing my experience with, is that price means absolutely nothing when it comes to PC's. Nothing. At least with my observations, that is.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:18 pm

I think I'll sit this one out but thanks for thinking of me. Headed out the door for Montana in a few for a mini vacation (visiting family) and then back to work when I get back for presumably Long hours and work weeks for at least the next several months. :( I appreciate the opportunity though, maybe next time.

I've seen those same cables sell used for $50-$60 range, I may just buy one and if I don't like it (or notice a difference) I'll just pass it along with the next amp I sell. :D :D
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 am

No problem.

For those who are interested in purchasing some upgraded PC's, check out this link from a trusted seller [I have purchased many items from the seller];

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthr ... le-blowout

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Just an FYI, this cable is still in my possesion. I totally blanked that I still had it till I was re-organizing my rack this week ](*,) ](*,) and looked over at my sub. I thought I PM'd Tom about where to send this cable a long time ago, but cant find that PM, I deleted it ](*,), or I am dreaming and I never sent it and forgot to follow-up I guess #-o . I would be happy to pass it along to the next Roadshow recepient or back to its rightful owner.

If this is your cable and you want it back PM me with your info and I will get it shipped out to you. I apologize if I have in anyway halted this roadshow due to lack of followup on my part. :(

I just dont want anyone to think I am trying to pull a fast one (like why Carver IC roadshow ended I believe)
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:29 pm

i will try it out. if no one is up, let me know and i will forward my address.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)