FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:46 am

CF Amp Mods

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: CF Amp Mods

Chauss wrote:I am going to have to convert mine to 12AX7 when the current 6AX7's shuggys start to get fuzzy sounding.....they are unobtainium right now- unless they only run them once every few years? - :-s Had a "back-order" for them in place with tube store for over 6 months, but they just sent an email a week or 2 ago and said they would no longer be able to fulfill. :( I liked the sound just as it is...

Beemers sold me a quad in November, other than his stash I'm unaware of anyone who has any good ones. My surviving CFamp runs daily. I have 8 of the cheap Soviet tubes also, but they sound thin and a little frenetic in comparison. If I have to back to them I'd rather do the conversion. On the plus side I've acquired a boatload of 12ax7s. I have to wonder what my Lindal blackplates would sound like rolled in.

Man, I'm juicing to mod this bad boy a little more.

Anyone out there run their CarverFest amp on a daily basis? 'sides me?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:02 pm

mbskeam wrote:wire to pin 9 (grey)
wire to pin 4 (green)
jumper pin 4 to 5

Mike...Harry on/fuck man that's some nice fucking work, if I had your fucking skill I'd have a real fucking job./Harry off. So I wire it like your pic instead of the way it's wired now?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm

thank you mike

ray
Magnaryder

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Mike...Harry on/fuck man that's some nice fucking work, if I had your fucking skill I'd have a real fucking job./Harry off. So I wire it like your pic instead of the way it's wired now?

your tubes are 6AX7's? (6volt heater)

the pic is for 12AX7's (12volt heater)
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:22 am

mbskeam wrote:

your tubes are 6AX7's? (6volt heater)

the pic is for 12AX7's (12volt heater)

Thanks for the help. I FINALLY got my head around it.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 am

This weekend I'm going to do the 12volt mod so I can roll some of these juicy 12ax7s and 5751s in. So many different flavours. The Teles and the Mullards completing theV20 sale should be here by the weekend. Can't wait!

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:04 am

I am still running the 6AX's,,, any opinions from those that have done the 12AX mod?
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)