FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:46 am

Sunfire Cin. Grand vs. Cin. Grand Sig.

<<

BobSmi57

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:21 am

Re: Sunfire Cin. Grand vs. Cin. Grand Sig.

angelod307 wrote:
BobSmi57 wrote:
thuffman03 wrote:The difference between the two amps is really just power. I have owned both and the Cinema Grand and the Cinema Grand Signature and both have the same sound, but the Signature is double the power. Cinema Gran is 200 wpc while the Signature is at least 400 wpc into 8 ohms.

IMO, both are good amps and will power your speakers fine. You most likely not hear any difference and the volume level between them will be pretty close but you will not be taxing the Signature as much when you play it loud as it has more power in reserve.

Now I prefer the Sunfire 600 on ALIII's. I like the sound better. I think it is voiced differently for stereo and not for home theater. Just my opinion.

I appreciate your opinion , since you owned both amps. You say they have the same sound, but the Sunfire 600 sounds better to you. Does the 600 stereo amp have the same sound as the 300 stereo amp? The 600x2 is really hard to find in good condition. Maybe I could bi-amp using 2 channels of the Cinema Grand for the bass, and use a 300x2 for the ribbons.

No the six hundred is not as laid back as the three hundred.

Are you saying that the 600 is more dynamic sounding and maybe better definition and the 300 has more of a tube-like sound?
Bob
<<

BobSmi57

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I would like to thank everyone who responded to this post. Your opinions helped me to decide to purchase a Signature 600-two. I will post a review after a couple weeks.

Bob
<<

BobSmi57

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I have posted a review of the Signature 600-two vs. the Cinema Grand on the Sunfire Home Audio sub forum. Thanks again, guys, for your opinions.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Sorry I missed the earlier reply you left. But yes would have been my answer. Glad to hear that you and Brian got together on that amp. I wanted that as well. They are great amps...
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)