Carver CT-7 vs CT-17 vs CT-23 pre-amp

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Carver CT-7 vs CT-17 vs CT-23 pre-amp

Emails in this order.

Dear michael_eh,

Greetings. I have a dilemma In that I can not find the original manual for whatever reason. Whould a scanned and printed copy of the manual be acceptable for 17.95? If so, I will do a partial refund, if not, a complete refund . Sorry for this, I am doing some construction at home, and maybe the manual will turn up. Cheers, angelo.

Dear angelod307,

Very disappointing. I'll take the full refund. Thanks.

- michael_eh

Next email

Dear michael_eh,

Oh my, wow. As I was looking through the listing for a refund, I looked at the discription on the manual. This sale was for a scanned and printed copy. Not the original. I forgot to look at the listing description before I sent the last message. So, as your last reply was in reply to a original manual(maybe you overlooked it too), that is not what you bought. And seeing how I offered 17.95 for the copy, i will stand behind that and refund five bucks for this confusing issue I created. Cheers.

- angelod307

Dear angelod307,

How good will it look? The manuals are available as free downloads on various Carver web sites, but if what you are sending me is better than that, I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks.

- michael_eh

Dear michael_eh,

I will send it and you tell me. It comes from a clear copy with no water marking . I am easy to work with. Cheers

- angelod307

************aha! That's why you think I scanned a copy, I misspoke and did not state the correct facts, I should have correctly said, it is a scanned original manual. But again, miscommunicated what I meant.....******************

Dear angelod307,

Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks.

- michael_eh

Seemed promising, so I went ahead and printed only to get this ! No email, but straight to dispute!

The case details:
The buyer says the item doesn't match the description.
The item is fake
Additional information:
"Are you kidding, Angelo? A photocopy? I could have bought a ream of paper for $12 dollars and had 99% of the paper left over for other things. I thought this was going to be done professionaly like the manual for the Carver Loudspeakers I purchased from you. I really feel like you took advantage of me and pulled a bait and switch. A lousy photocopy is NOT as described in the photo for the auction. You can have this photocopy back and I would like a full refund. Or, you can supply me a proper manual as it is described in the photo for the listing in the same quality as the Carver Loudspeaker manual you sold me. Michael"
The buyer requested:
A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Your message to the buyer:
"What is the problem? Late but delivered . "

"The copy is as described . If I do come across a original, it is yours. Otherwise, I delivered exactly what I described and did it for a discount for my confusion . Again, this lash out is not welcomed as I told you I am easy to work with. So that last reply was uncalled for . Thanks for your business ."

So at this point I am simply fucking with you because you are a jerk!

"Tell you whAt. If you can print me a better copy of the manual, then send it to me, i will refund the money for the time and materials used to make better copy. Plus pay the postage. No one took advantage, no one did a bait and switch. I am eagerly awaiting a better version of the manual you say you can produce. Other things that may be of interest to you is a copy of the service manual on a cd rom. "

Buyer's message:
"What exactly did you send me? A photocopy of a photocopy? Anybody can download the manual in question off any number of Carver web sites, then print it out and staple it like you did. I want exactly what you advertised in your ad. What you sent me is a pathetic joke compared to that picture. First you email me and say, "I have a dilemma In that I can not find the original manual for whatever reason. Whould a scanned and printed copy of the manual be acceptable for 17.95? If so, I will do a partial refund, if not, a complete refund . Sorry for this, I am doing some construction at home, and maybe the manual will turn up." I responded with, "Very disappointing. I'll take the full refund. Thanks." I want *exactly* what is in the photo of your listing - not some crappy photocopy of a photocopy. If I wanted that I could have downloaded and printed one myself. The photo on your listing, compared to what I received is false advertising and I feel I have been royally ripped off."

"See, as I said, I am easy to get along with until I am insulted. So, the first email I sent was my mistake in that I thought I sold a original, I did not, I sold a photocopy as described in the description. I took the last original I had, scanned it on my Epson printer so I can print it as needed. So, if you believe you can produce a better version, as I said, I will buy it from you. It really was as simple as you know, this does not work for me. But no. Insult me, tell me I am looking to bait and switch and make me real happy to do something different. As you will see, I have no refunds as stated in my sale, and I supplied a scanned and printed copy to you. Had I not said a word or the original, I suspect you would not be as worked up because you did infant buy a photocopy. So, unless you see another manual of interest, my sale is complete. Should you ever wish to buy another manual again, I will send it for the postage that never seems to exceed three dollars. Cheers."

Buyer's message:
"Are you kidding me? eBay Customer Support, look at this guy. I'm not in the business of selling Carver manuals on eBay. You are. Either provide exactly what is in your photo or I'm asking eBay to refund my money. I am NOT paying $21.95 U.S for a lousy photocopy of a photocopy that anybody could make themselves. You must be the guy the various Carver web sites warned about who is selling manuals on eBay. I will never do business with you again and I hope others don't, too."

"Good day then."

"And to correct any misrepresentation on your part. You are the only person that has had any kind of issue, again, it is your disposition that does you in, "

Buyer's message:
"You should be banned from eBay for fraudulent selling. Is what you sent me (a lousy photocopy of a photocopy) what is in your ad's photo? No, not in the slightest. May 7th this gets escalated to eBay Customer Support. If I can stop you from doing this to other eBay customers I will."

"Do you feel angry yet. Why ? Fact is, I am blown away by your crap. Seriously, personality is lost on you . Jerk does not cover it . You wil get a refund less 3.00 the return postage you would pay. I at this point hopefully stressed you out for no good reason other than I could. Sound familiar? Yes, I can be a jerk too. The copy you got was a good copy. Use it the next time you need to go in the restroom. "

Buyer's message:
"This person should be banned from selling on eBay for fraud. Look at the photos in his ad. What I received was a crappy photocopy of a photocopy, and I want a complete refund including the postage he deducted. I wasted my valuable time and gas driving across the border to Can-Amer Freight in Blaine, WA to pick this lousy photocopy up. I am now escalating this case to eBay Customer Support and ask that they correct it and censure this seller for what he did. No other buyer should experience what I did with his bait and switch."
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:35 pm

So at the end of my efforts, what did I end up with? Heart ache for no solid reason other than Michael had his panties bunched up......what a jerk.
<<

Micheal_Eh

Post Fri May 23, 2014 8:11 pm

angelod307 wrote:
Micheal_Eh wrote:
angelod307 wrote:Oh yeah, where Is my copy of a copy of the owners manual? Still waiting you jerk.

Oh, this is priceless. This guy above advertised on eBay an owners manual for the Carver CT-23 pre-amp, which I recently bought. Stupidly, I went for it. Then I get an email saying he's doing construction on his home, can't find it and can only sell me a copy. Classic bait and switch. I wanted exactly what was in the photo of his ad. What I got was a crappy photocopy of a photocopy that any idiot could have downloaded for free and made. After excalating it to eBay Dispute Resolution they found in my favour and and refunded every single cent this person withheld "for postage". If you want your shitty copy, Angelo307, it went in the recycling. And now I find you here. I read about some guy selling photocopies of Carver manuals on another Carver site and to beware of him. Must be you, huh?

Ps, ebay did not find shit in your favor, I simply did what I would do any way.because I gave you a refund less postage, they gave you the rest because the amount was tiny and you would shut up and have nothing to complain about. So no, ebay did not rule in your favor dumb ass. You see, I can be a asshole to and ruin your day as well.

P.s.s. It was a tfm42/45 amplifier manual, not a ct23, your memory is as good as your manners.

Well, you are correct about one thing, after checking my email the manual was for the tfm-45 amp I bought through eBay from a very nice gentleman who, I discovered, is on this board, too. I realized today I bought a manual from my Silver Amazing speakers from and I received exactly what was in the photo. Too bad the second transaction with you didn't go the same way. And yes, my email from the eBay Dispute Resolution Centre did find in my favour. I wasn't going to let you get away with one cent for that pathetic copy of a photocopy you sent me that I wasted time and gas on driving across the border to pick up.

Is there a way to block you? You're the only downside to this otherwise great Carver board.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 23, 2014 8:13 pm

To the bitter end still a jerk .no need to block as I have nothing more to say.
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)