Moving stuff

Carver Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
skip
aka (Sasquach)

Moving stuff

Post by skip » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 am

I'm in the process of moving my rig from one room to another. Dang, those plats are heavy. Hope to have it all set up by the end of the weekend. Have to replace the 100 pf cap in one of my plats before I can fire it up. Can't wait to hear some tunes again. Y'all wish me luck on getting all the dang cables back in the correct places.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: Moving stuff

Post by kingman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Get that rig back in action Skip!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Attaboy!

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Hey, Skip. So good to see you back posting. I met you and those plats in 2008, Cabin 11. You were replacing one of those same caps then, I swear.
Strongly recommend you replace same cap in each channel. The other channel's cap has been through the same use and aging as the bad one.

Or would you replace front brake pads on just the side that's hitting metal-to-metal? I know some who do...

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Dang thats right now that Robert R reminded us that I do remember you doing maintenance on the crossover at the fest. I still picture your rig over in the corner of the dining room. Than didn't we sit down and listen to Jackson Brown after the repair. So Skip get those puppy's back up and running. Love to see a new pic of the new room setup.......................................TFM75
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !

skip
aka (Sasquach)

Post by skip » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 am

This will be the forth replacement of the 100 pf cap in my crossovers. I used the caps in a spare set of crossovers for the first two replacements before buying some sonicaps that are rated for 400 volts and are ten times the size. The speaker with the one sonicap I installed has been fine ever since and the one with the dead cap is getting a sonicap so hopefully I won't be replacing it again. I'll post a pic when I get it all done.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Skip - You must mean 100 mf, not pf, right?

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

Return to “Carver Home (Audio)”