FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 pm

TGP1 Flashing Lights - Not Working

<<

MikeMoon

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm

TGP1 Flashing Lights - Not Working

I have a TGP1 that has been running great for 10 years. I haven't changed the setup for several months. Yesterday, I turned it on and all of the lights started flashing on and off. The sound still worked, but it went in and out. I thought maybe a connection was bad or loose, so I systematically unplugged cable by cable, testing the unit each time. Even when all the cables had been unplugged, except the power cable, the lights were still flashing on and off. I tried to hard reset the unit, and the same thing happened. When the unit is turned off, the display also flashes two different weird symbols every 15 seconds or so. I'm thinking maybe the power supply is failing or an internal fuse is blown. But, that is just a guess. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working again? Thanks and Happy New Year!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: TGP1 Flashing Lights - Not Working

MikeMoon wrote:I have a TGP1 that has been running great for 10 years. I haven't changed the setup for several months. Yesterday, I turned it on and all of the lights started flashing on and off. The sound still worked, but it went in and out. I thought maybe a connection was bad or loose, so I systematically unplugged cable by cable, testing the unit each time. Even when all the cables had been unplugged, except the power cable, the lights were still flashing on and off. I tried to hard reset the unit, and the same thing happened. When the unit is turned off, the display also flashes two different weird symbols every 15 seconds or so. I'm thinking maybe the power supply is failing or an internal fuse is blown. But, that is just a guess. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working again? Thanks and Happy New Year!

What do you mean when you said; you tried to hard reset the unit? Is that just unplugging the unit and plugging back in? There is a factory reset on the latter units, but don't know about the TGP-I. It does sound like a logic problem. ummm. Maybe give Sunfire a call.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Or Rita
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 pm

When you say hard reset, do you mean you pushed the reset button or unplugged it?

Oops, just read the two previous posts. Concur with Bill on all counts. I'm pretty sure the TG-I has a reset button on the front or back panel. The TG-II has it on the lower left front, just to the left of the yellow Dolby/DTS lights:

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

MikeMoon

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi guys. Yes, I pressed the reset button which is on the front left corner of the unit (pressed it in with a pen). That restarts the unit, but the lights are still flashing. Do you think I should just call the main support number at Carver? Or, do you have someone (Rita) I should call directly? Funny, I figured you had all seen this problem a thousand times and I was just uneducated about it. I searched the posts and couldn't find any matches to my problem. So, guess this is more unique than I thought. Getting 10 GREAT years out of the unit is a good deal. I haven't had to touch one thing on my system since it was all setup. So, I'm not complaining!! Thanks for your support and cheers!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey Mike, maybe e-mail Rita and see what she says? Let us know please? Thanks

http://www.ritasvintageaudio.net/

Return to Carver Home (Theater)