FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Sunfire TGP Coaxial question

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Sunfire TGP Coaxial question

I am currently using my computers coaxial/spdif output to my TGP-II and it sounds great. Looking at the TGP-II spec's it appears it has 24/192 decoders, now I dont think my computers coaxial output is capable of delivering it in that format (but haven't really checked too much yet).

If my computer cant send out the audio in up to 24/192 (which I dont have anything in that format currently, but always interested in higher res stuff) would something like the M2Tech HiFace Two work with the TGP-II or am I reading spec's wrong again?

Thanks in advance.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Sunfire TGP Coaxial question

If i understand it correctly, even though you may not have a 24bit disc, it should still be a better da than the stock unit in pc or most stand alone cd/dvd players.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 am

Re: Sunfire TGP Coaxial question

angelod307 wrote:If i understand it correctly, even though you may not have a 24bit disc, it should still be a better da than the stock unit in pc or most stand alone cd/dvd players.

What I am asking is if I get a M2Tech HiFace Two USB/SPDIF converter that allows transfer rates of 24/192 (and assuming I have a file of that format), would the TGP accept that resolution via its coaxial in?

I am trying to see what I might need in the future to get the best out of my computer as a source, and I realize a pure high-rez signal out from it is where I need to start with.

Obviously I need the source files as well, but just curious as to where I will hit a limitation on the DAC in the TGP and if I should eventually get a external USB DAC or if I am still going to be good with the TGP's DAC's for the long haul. The TGP wasnt made thinking of computer audio and high-resolution signals, however it was crafted as a VERY GOOD unit I must say and it impresses me constantly.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas

Return to Carver Home (Theater)