FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Link of review of Carver speakers at AXPONA

<<

rah

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Link of review of Carver speakers at AXPONA

This reviewer has a brief write-up on Bob's new speakers and a word on the Black Beauty amps at AXPONA.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/

Go a little bit of the way down to get to the Carver item.

I like the way this guy writes and enjoying reading his stuff.
My office (and only) system:
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver (thanks jjptkd!)
Sunfire Theater Grand Processor (with original remote!)
Carver TD-1770
Klipsch Chorus II's
Sony CA70ES 5-disc changer
Sony SACD 5-disc changer
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Link of review of Carver speakers at AXPONA

That was an interesting reviewer of Bob's new equipment.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am

I like his review style, reminds me of me. 8)

Anyone looking for perhaps their last bookie, look at either the Joseph Audio Pulsars at $7000 or the Soundfield Audio Monitor 1 at only $1300. Let me tell you those Soundfield's are simply amazing. I'm saving my pennies for a pair in gloss black. He had some other large rather odd looking speakers at the CAF that looked like crap and I almost didn't go into his room. Damn glad I did as they were the best sounding full range speakers at the show putting Wilson, MBL, etc. to shame. The guy is an effing genius.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 am

F1nut wrote:I like his review style, reminds me of me. 8)

Anyone looking for perhaps their last bookie, look at either the Joseph Audio Pulsars at $7000 or the Soundfield Audio Monitor 1 at only $1300. Let me tell you those Soundfield's are simply amazing. I'm saving my pennies for a pair in gloss black. He had some other large rather odd looking speakers at the CAF that looked like crap and I almost didn't go into his room. Damn glad I did as they were the best sounding full range speakers at the show putting Wilson, MBL, etc. to shame. The guy is an effing genius.

I know this is off topic to the ALS, but wanted to follow up on what Jesse said.

The Joseph Audio Pulsars are the best sounding mini-monitors I have ever heard. Heard them at 3 different shows now. Very impressive sound out of such a small mini-monitor.

Did not get to hear the small Soundfields at Axpona. However, those crappy looking speakers, (small box on top of a larger box) if the same ones Jesse heard at CAF, as depicted in the picture link above, were simply stunning. They seemed to do everything right. I mentioned to AJ those were by far, the ugliest, one of the best sounding, by far the best value speakers at the show. He mentioned they were just a prototype. Boy, did he nail it. Listened to a varity of music on 2 different occassions in the room. Performed exceptional on all varieties of music. Coaxial on top I believe he mentioned from Germany. Lower subwoofer was a Peavy.

Anxious to see the final production product. It appears it may be a while, if Jesse saw the same ugly speaker at CAF. :rolleyes: WAF-no way, great sound in spades!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm

F1nut wrote:I like his review style, reminds me of me. 8)

Tell me more please--how do you think they compare to the tylers that you've heard(mine)
Talk to me man.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:32 pm

George, I heard the Pulsars on an all Manley tube rig and thought they were great, so they obviously like tube gear. I heard your Tylers on the all tube rig in the loft and thought they sounded great, easily the best rig that year. I'd like to hear them side by side or at least on the same day before saying one was better or different in some way than the other.

The Soundfield's I heard, I've no idea what he was running them on as it was all hidden. That said, I preferred the Soundfield's over the Pulsars, which I heard the same day. Simply more musical.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 am

F1nut wrote:George, I heard the Pulsars on an all Manley tube rig and thought they were great, so they obviously like tube gear. I heard your Tylers on the all tube rig in the loft and thought they sounded great, easily the best rig that year. I'd like to hear them side by side or at least on the same day before saying one was better or different in some way than the other.

The Soundfield's I heard, I've no idea what he was running them on as it was all hidden. That said, I preferred the Soundfield's over the Pulsars, which I heard the same day. Simply more musical.

Interesting Jesse. Wish I would have heard the smaller Soundfields at Axpona.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks Jesse-- I really wish that you had/have the opportunity to hear what I replaced the Tylers with.Very similar,,dig a little deeper and a tad better on the highs,,they use dynaudio drivers and a french supertweeter.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Don wrote:Did not get to hear the small Soundfields at Axpona. However, those crappy looking speakers, (small box on top of a larger box) if the same ones Jesse heard at CAF, as depicted in the picture link above, were simply stunning. They seemed to do everything right. I mentioned to AJ those were by far, the ugliest, one of the best sounding, by far the best value speakers at the show. He mentioned they were just a prototype. Boy, did he nail it. Listened to a varity of music on 2 different occassions in the room. Performed exceptional on all varieties of music. Coaxial on top I believe he mentioned from Germany. Lower subwoofer was a Peavy.

Anxious to see the final production product. It appears it may be a while, if Jesse saw the same ugly speaker at CAF. :rolleyes: WAF-no way, great sound in spades!

Don, the bigger Soundfield's I heard did not look like the ones you did, they were even uglier. I'm pretty sure there is a photo of them on CAF's web site. That said, like the version you heard, the CAF versions sound was amazing.

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Thanks Jesse-- I really wish that you had/have the opportunity to hear what I replaced the Tylers with.Very similar,,dig a little deeper and a tad better on the highs,,they use dynaudio drivers and a french supertweeter.

Oh yeah, what did you get?

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:35 am

I sold the tylers and got a pair made by the guy(Bennie Amina) who repairs tube gear and is heavily into circuit design. I'll post a pic.PTP crossovers etc,, very well made.What impressed me was the soundstage ,bass, and the fact that they seemed to play so effortlessly.However,,I think the Tylers might have imaged a tad better,,but it's close.Anyhow--thanks for the comments,,the guy is in Tampa,,so I'm gonna drop by and get my ears on a set real soon.I'll take my camera and post pics--this should be fun.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:18 am

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:34 am

Zoot Horn wrote:I sold the tylers and got a pair made by the guy(Bennie Amina) who repairs tube gear and is heavily into circuit design. I'll post a pic.PTP crossovers etc,, very well made.What impressed me was the soundstage ,bass, and the fact that they seemed to play so effortlessly.However,,I think the Tylers might have imaged a tad better,,but it's close.Anyhow--thanks for the comments,,the guy is in Tampa,,so I'm gonna drop by and get my ears on a set real soon.I'll take my camera and post pics--this should be fun.

Let me know when you come down. I like to go to his shop with you. Where is the place at?
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 am

You got it Roy,, I'm waiting to hear from him--I'll keep you posted.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:17 am

Just heartd from AJ-- as soon as I know when I'm I coming down,we'll get something together--Roy--I'll keep you posted--as I really want to hear these puppies-- \:D/
Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)